Are you seeing VCRuntime140.dll is missing error on your Windows 10, 8 or 7 PC? VCRUNTIME140.dll error can come up on Windows PC after a user installs a Windows update or after a failed installation of any application. You need to know about this error to understand the methods to fix it.
VCRUNTIME140.dll is a dynamic link library file that works the same way as an executable one, however it is only used when any software requires it. Consequently, if such a file is corrupted or missing, the user will see the VCRUNTIME140.dll error, which occurs on the failure to start an application.
A pop-up window will appear informing the user about the missing file. This popup usually helps users to start searching online for VCRUNTIME140.dll download link error, but it is better if you do not download this file from corrupt websites. The user must take into account the appropriate version for their operating system. Also, third-party websites can often be used for the host virus in download links, so it is always better to stay away from such web portals.
How does this affect your PC?
It is a common mistake. Windows users have been stating that the vcruntime140.dll error is missing for a while now. This type of error only affects certain programs or applications. It does not affect the general damage to the PC, but simply stops the applications that are affected from starting.
How To Fix Vcruntime140.dll Not Found Problem
So these are the methods you can follow to fix the problem.
Method 1: Try to re-register the Vcruntime140 dll
Open the command prompt on your PC. Make sure to run it as administrator. First, unregister the dll by typing
regsvr32 / u VCRUNTIME140.dll
Now you can register the dll again by typing;
If the DLL file is already present on your PC, this method will fix the problem. If the Dll is corrupted, you may need to follow the following 2 methods.
Method 2: Repair Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015
The best way to correct this error is by repairing Visual C ++. This will also fix other issues that may be associated with this dll.
- Find Control Panel from Windows search menu and open it
- Once you open it, go to the Programs and Features section and select it
- You will see a list of all the programs that are currently installed on your PC. In the list, find Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)
- You need to right click on this program and then click Change
- Now, you will see an uninstall window. Once it opens, click Repair
- You have to wait for the process to complete. Let it finish and then press Finish to exit
- Once it is done successfully, you need to restart the computer
After you have finished restarting your PC, you need to check your PC to see if the problem still exists or not. In most cases, this program repair should have solved the problem you are dealing with. But if this method didn’t work well for you and you want to look for a workaround, then proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable
- You’ll see a new page open showing two PC version options for you to download. It is advisable to take into account the bit version of your PC. If your PC is a 32-bit operating system, find the x86 version of the download file, and if it is a 64-bit operating system, find the x64 version of the download file.
- Once you select the correct version for the file, hit the Next button to start the download
- Now, wait for the download to complete and then launch the .exe file
- A configuration window will open. Next, accept the license terms and conditions by checking the box and then tap Install
- Now, wait for the installation process to finish, then hit the Finish button to completely complete the installation process.
Vcruntime140.dll is a part of the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015 Windows program and can be solved by properly repairing or reinstalling it. This solution is confirmed by many users and it should work for you too. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.