Disable startup programs in Windows 10:It becomes so boring when your computer starts and you have to wait for a long time just because many programs like antivirus, online cloud storage applications, Adobe products and applications, browsers, graphics drivers, etc. they are being loaded from the start of your system. So if your system is loading lots of programs then it is increasing your startup boot time, they are not helping you much but slowing down your system and all unwanted programs should be disabled. If all these startup programs that are preloading on your system are not used frequently, then it is better to disable them from the startup list because when you decide to use them, you can easily load the program from the Start menu. This article will help you disable startup programs on your Windows 10 systems using different methods.
4 ways to disable startup programs in Windows 10
Note: Make sure to create a restore point in case something goes wrong.
Method 1 – Disable Startup Programs in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10
For earlier versions of windows operating system like XP and Vista, had to open msconfig and there was a separate Startup tab from where you can manage Startup programs. But for modern Windows operating systems like Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, the startup program manager has been integrated into your task manager. From there, you need to manage startup-related programs. So, to solve these problems, you need to follow some steps:
1. Right-click on the taskbar and then select Task Manager from the context menu or use the hotkey » Ctrl + Shift + Esc «.
2. From Task Manager, click More details . Then switch to the Home tab.
3.Here, you can see all the programs that start at the time of Windows startup.
4.You can check their status from the Status column associated with each of them. You will notice that programs that are usually launched at Windows startup will have their status as » Activated «.
5.You can select and right click on those programs and choose » Deactivate » to deactivate them or select the program and press the button » Deactivate » in the lower right corner.
Method 2: Use the Windows Registry to disable startup programs
The first method is the easiest way to disable startup programs . If you want to use an alternative method, here we go:
1. Like other programs and applications, startup items also create a Windows registry entry. But it is a bit risky to modify the Windows registry and therefore it is recommended to create a backup of that registry. If you do something wrong, you can damage your Windows system.
2. Go to the Start button and search for » Execute » or press the shortcut key Key Windows + R.
3. Now type » regedit » and press Enter to open the Registry Editor. Next, navigate to the path mentioned below to find your startup applications:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows Current Version Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run
4. Once you navigate and reach that location, Find the program running in Windows Start.
5. Then double click those apps and delete all text written on your part » Information of the worth «.
6.Otherwise, you can also disable the boot program in particular through deleting the registry key.
Method 3 – Use a third-party application to disable startup programs
There are a lot of 3 dr Third party vendors that sell such software can help you easily disable all these startup programs as well as manage them easily. CCleaner is one of the popular and widely used apps that can help you in this regard. So you can download and install CCleaner to solve this problem.
1. Open CCleaner, then select Tools and then switch to the Home tab.
2. There you will see the list of all startup programs.
3.Now, select the program that you want to disable. In the right pane of the window, you will see the Disable button.
4.Click the button Deactivate for disable particular startup program in Windows 10.
Method 4 – Disable Startup Programs from Windows Startup Folder
This technique is generally not recommended for disabling startup programs, but of course this is the quickest and fastest way to do it. The startup folder is the only folder where programs are added so that they can start automatically when Windows starts. Also, there are geeks who manually add some programs and put some scripts in that folder which is loaded at the time of Windows startup, so it is also possible to disable such a program from here.
To do this, you must follow the steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box from the Start menu (search for the word » Execute «) or press the key of quick access Windows key + R.
2.In the Run dialog box, type » shell:start » and press Enter.
3. This will open your home folder where you can see all startup programs in the list.
4.Now you can basically remove shortcuts to remove or disable startup programs in windows 10
- Compress video files without losing quality 
- Reveal hidden passwords behind asterisk without any software
- How to start private browsing in your favorite browser
- Set the maximum volume limit in Windows 10
Hope the above steps have been helpful and now you can disable easily them startup programs in windows 10 , but if you still have any questions about this tutorial then feel free to ask in the comment section.