UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (error code 0x0000007F) It is a BSOD or STOP error that appears in Windows 10 and 8. Heartbreaking BSOD errors in Windows have become a regular part of it. BSOD errors are called Blue Screen Of Death, it freezes your PC for a while and finally you hit a blue screen with the downloading or information gathering process.
These annoying BSOD errors occur with one error code or another at an unpredictable time.
One of those mistakes is the UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP (error code 0x0000007F) which many users complained about. So here we are to fix this so you can get up and running without interruption.
What is the error “0x0000007F”
The Windows 10 error message » UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP »Is a proof of error that implies the fact that the CPU only triggered a trap and the kernel couldn’t catch it .
The BSOD error 0x0000007F It usually happens after the occurrence of system changes such as updating your Windows to Windows 10 Creators Update or Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
Causes of error 0x0000007F UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
There may be software and hardware complications that cause this problem to appear.
- Hardware failure
- Incompatible drivers
- Dust covered components
- Updating Windows
- Faulty RAM module
6 ways to fix UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (error code 0x0000007F)
Here are some tips on how to fix the problem and what causes the error 0x0000007F STOP in Windows 10.
1. Disable your security
First, use your antivirus to detect viruses and malware and repair the files that could be causing the error. But antivirus and the firewall of third parties they may interfere with some Windows functions and settings.
Maintain more than one software antivirus too creates conflicting problems. Try to disable its antivirus and firewall and then check if the blue screen appears with the error 0x0000007F . If so, uninstall your antivirus would be the next best thing.
I hope that removing the antivirus and firewall protection has helped you to eradicate the problem. If not, follow the steps below.
2. Update Windows to fix the Stop Code 0x0000007F Error
Windows update can fix many errors and anomalies on your PC. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP is one of them that can be fixed simply by updating your PC with the latest version of Windows. To update, follow the sequence below:
- Press the Windows keys + I to open Setting.
- I searched the option Update and security in the Settings panel and click on it.
- I touched Search for updates.
- Windows will automatically check and install updates in the background.
This solution worked for many users and I hope it worked quite well for you too.
3. Automatically update your drivers
Drivers are essential for proper interface and communication between your system’s hardware and software. Bad or outdated drivers cause the system to hang and throw a blue screen. This is observed and portrayed by many Windows users. Thurs to automatically update your drivers:
- Press the Windows key and start typing » Control Panel »And open it.
- Go to Hardware and Sounds> View Devices and Printers.
- Find your PC name and right click about it to select Installation and configuration of the device.
- Click on the button from option Yes (recommended) for Windows to automatically download the drivers and install them.
- Finally, click Save Changes.
This could solve your problem in no time.
4. Check disk
Many users report that the error could be the mere effect of a damaged hard drive. To check the corruptions inside the hard drive, you just need to run a few commands as follows to fix the error:
- Press the key Windows + X and look for Command Prompt (Administrator) / Windows Power Shell (Administrator) and tap to open it.
- In the blue / black console window, type » chkdsk / rc: »And press Get in. You can check the same for other drives by replacing the letter «C» with drive indexes assigned with other letters.
- Here, you will receive an inquiry for schedule disk check the next time you restart your PC . Scribe AND and press Get in .
- In the next reboot , the disk check begin to automatically .
This would finally put an end to all your problems related to UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP BSOD error ( 0x0000007F ) when troubleshooting and repairing drive-oriented problems.
5. Check RAM to fix Kernal mode cheat issue in Windows 10
According to some users, one of the main hardware reasons that causes the blue screen of death and throw the problem of stop code 0x0000007F is he faulty RAM module. Try disconnecting and then reconnecting the RAM again to check if the problem is gone. If it’s still the same, try replacing your RAM with a clean, fresh one and then see if the problem persists.
6. Clean dusty internal components
This is one of the main reasons why this error is said to occur. But we keep it as a last resort as it involves unscrewing your PC / laptop, cleaning the internal circuitry, and screwing it back in, which is pretty skilled work. Be very careful to do this work yourself. Make sure not to damage the internal circuitry of your PC while cleaning it.
- First, disconnect all devices peripherals external such as USB or 3.5mm jack.
- Turns off your pc.
- Unscrew it from safely by looking at the YouTube tutorial on how to break down its PC / laptop with the Name and number of model .
- Take a small soft brush and start cleaning CPU fan , the components and the grooves PCI , memory modules , etc.
- Accordingly, revert to to assemble your PC as is.
This would not only keep the error unexpected from the blue screen KERNEL MODE TRAP (0x0000007F) but it would also solve other problems like overheating, slow boot time and responses etc. by ensuring the proper temperature and proper facilitation of internal circuits and devices.
The last lines
In conclusion, if you encounter any problem following any of the above methods, just send us an error message in the comment section and we will revoke it as soon as possible.
If you still can’t rectify the issues, try resetting or reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows and that will do justice to the UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP (0x0000007F ). Happy fixing