Fix the error of physical memory dump : the initial physical memory dump is a blue screen of death (BSOD) error which is a stop error that means you will not be able to access your system. Every time you restart your PC, you will be in this BSOD error loop and the main problem is that you will not be able to access any data or files present in the system.
The physical memory dump error looks like this:
Starting physical memory dump
Full physical memory dump.
Contact your system administrator or support group for more information.
Collecting data from an error
Initializing disk for memory dump
Starting physical memory dump
Physical memory dump to disk: 5
A memory dump is a process in which the contents of memory are displayed and stored in the event of an application or system failure. These are the possible reasons for the physical memory dump error: damaged system files, damaged hard drive, corrupted RAM, hardware and software compatibility.
Fix Physical Memory Dump Error
Method 1: Run Windows Diagnostics
You should run Windows diagnostics to make sure your hardware is not faulty. There is a possibility that your hard drive is damaged or corrupted and if that is the case then you need to replace your old HDD or SSD with a new one and install Windows again. But before making a conclusion, you need to run a diagnostic tool to check if you really need to replace HDD/SSD.
To run Diagnostics, restart your PC and when the computer boots (before the boot screen), press the F12 key and when the Boot menu appears, highlight the Boot to Utility Partition option or the Diagnostics option and press enter to start the Diagnostics. Diagnostics. This will automatically check all hardware on your system and report back if any issues are found.
Method 2: Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
1.Go back to Command Prompt using Method 1, simply click on Command Prompt on the Advanced Options screen.
2. Type the following command in cmd and press enter after each one:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c: /offwindir=c:windows
chkdsk c: /r
Note: Make sure to use the letter of the drive where Windows is currently installed
3. Exit Command Prompt and restart your PC.
Method 3: Run Memtest86+
Now run Memtest86+ which is 3rd party software but it removes all possible out of memory error exceptions as it runs outside of the Windows environment.
Note: Before you begin, make sure you have access to another computer, as you will need to download and burn the software to disc or USB flash drive. It’s best to leave your computer overnight when Memtest is running, as it will likely take a while.
1.Connect a USB flash drive to your system.
3. Right-click on the image file you just downloaded and select the » Extract here «.
4.Once extracted, open the folder and run the Memtest86 + USB installer .
5. Choose your connected USB drive to burn the MemTest86 software (it will format your USB drive).
6. Once the above process is finished, insert the USB into the PC that is giving the physical memory dump error.
7. Reboot your PC and make sure boot from USB flash drive is selected.
8.Memtest86 will start testing your system for memory corruption.
9. If you have passed all the tests, you can be sure that your memory is working properly.
10. If some of the steps were unsuccessful, memtest86 will find memory corruption, which means your error of dump of the blue screen of error of physical memory it is due to damaged/corrupted memory.
11. stop fix physical memory dump error you will need to replace your RAM if bad memory sectors are found.
Method 4: Run Automatic Startup/Repair
1.Insert the Windows 10 Bootable Installation DVD and reboot your PC.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from CD or DVD, press any key to continue.
3. Select your language preferences and click Next. Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
4.On the choose an options screen, click Solve problems .
5.On the Troubleshoot screen, click the Advanced option .
6.On the Advanced Options screen, click Automatic Repair or Startup Repair .
7.Wait until the Windows startup/automatic repairs .
8. Reboot and you have successfully fixed the physical memory dump error, if not, continue.
Also, read How to fix Automatic Repair could not fix your PC.
Method 5: Run CCleaner to fix Registry errors
1.Download and install CCleaner .
2.Now run CCleaner and in the “Cleaner” section, under the Windows tab, we suggest you check the following selections for cleaning:
3. Once you’ve made sure the correct points are marked, simply click run cleaner and let CCleaner take its course.
4. To clean your system, select the Registry tab and make sure the following are verified:
7. Select Scan for problems and allow CCleaner to scan, then click Solve selected problems.
8. When CCleaner asks » Do you want to make backup changes to the registry? “Select Yes.
9.After the backup is complete, select Fix all selected issues.
10. Reboot your PC and you may be able to fix physical memory dump error.
Method 6: Repair Install Windows 10
This method is the last resort because if nothing works then surely this method will fix all the problems with your PC. Repair Simply install using an in-place update to repair system problems without deleting user data present on the system. Follow this article to see how to repair, install Windows 10 easily.
Recommended for you:
- Fix unmountable boot volume stop error 0x000000ED
- Reboot and select a suitable boot device issue
- Fix Antimalware Service High Executable CPU Usage
- Fix KMODE exception not handled Error
That’s all, ha solved correctly the physical memory dump error, but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask in the comment section.