When Dolby Advanced Audio Error unable to start dolby audio driver, please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists , you must be very upset that you can’t enjoy the music, movie, etc. Indeed, the reason why the Dolby sound issue appeared is obvious, which you can easily get from the error message popping up, it is mainly due to Dolby audio driver issues. It can solve problems for Lenovo, Acer Aspire, HP or any other brand of computer. You can’t start Dolby audio driver problems if you can follow the below ways.
It is suggested to uninstall and then update the Dolby advanced audio driver to the latest version in different ways with reference to the following methods. In addition, it is also suggested to change the bit and depth of the Dolby audio.
Solution 1 – Uninstall Dolby Audio Driver
You will just think that you can reinstall Dolby audio driver Windows 10 in view of the error message, here you can follow the below procedures to get it booted into Windows 10. But before you start to uninstall Dolby driver, you must be supposed to remove the incompatible driver.
1. Open Device Manager .
2 in Device Manager , expand Sound, video and game controllers and then click with the right click on Dolby audio driver for uninstall the device .
Here maybe your audio driver is Lenovo Dolby Audio Driver or Dolby Advanced Audio Driver for Windows 10.
After that, bound to Control Panel to get rid of Dolby Advanced Audio Driver as well.
3. Right click on the button Beginning and click Control Panel from the list to open it.
4. Navigate to Programs and characteristics and touch it to access.
5. Find the correct Dolby audio driver and right click to uninstall it .
Here the Dolby driver is Dobly Advanced Audio v2. Perhaps yours is Dolby digital plus audio driver 220.127.116.11.
It is often the case that the exact Dolby audio driver cannot be found in that you cannot start the Dolby audio driver happens to Windows 10. In this way, the IDT high definition audio driver can also be located or realtek audio driver or Conexant SmartAudio driver in Program and Features window. Once you have found them, uninstall them everybody.
And then you need to restart your laptop or desktop for it to take effect. Now you can start your Dolby audio driver and enjoy the beautiful music or games.
Solution 2 – Reinstall the Dolby Audio driver
You may have uninstalled the Dolby audio driver or any other audio drivers from control panel, now it’s time to reinstall them.
There are three different ways to install the new Dolby audio driver that you can choose to start the audio driver. First of all, go to the manufacturer’s site to download the new Dolby audio driver. Second, reinstall the Dolby audio driver via device manager. Third, download and install Dolby audio driver automatically.
1. As for the first way to reinstall audio drivers, you can directly go to the website to download the latest Dolby audio driver, such as Lenovo, Dell, ASUS official site. It is a way that requires your resourceful knowledge. For example, you have the right to go to Lenovo site to update Lenovo Dolby audio driver for Windows 10.
2. Choose update driver in Device Manager if you want to get Dolby sound driver in Windows 10.
3. The third way to automatically update the Dolby driver requires that download driver booster in the beginning.
You are then instructed to click three clicks on the screen, namely Scan > Update .
Each step is prepared to help you install the new Dolby audio drivers. Meanwhile, it is quite quick to install audio driver for Windows 10 with the help of Driver Booster, which is a safe and professional driver tool.
Here once you have noticed that you still cannot start Dolby Audio Driver in Windows 10, you can take advantage of Driver Booster Fix No sound low functionality Tools tab in the left panel.
If you have reinstalled the Dolby audio driver and allowed Driver Booster to fix this Dolby sound problem, you can try to check if the Dolby audio driver works.
Solution 3 – Disable automatic driver installation
Sometimes Windows 10 will install the updated audio driver automatically whenever there is any update. In case the automatically updated Dolby audio driver is incompatible or corrupted, you’d better not allow automatic installation in Windows 10.
1. Right click on this pc from the desktop to open your properties .
2 in Properties , look for the computer name, domain, and job settings and then decide Change settings .
3. On the tab Hardware , select Device Installation Settings .
4. Then mark the circle of No to disable automatic installation of the device.
Lastly, hit save changes to make it happen in Windows 10. You can play a song to see if you can’t start the Dolby audio driver on your PC. If necessary, you can also change the device installation settings to Yes to let Windows 10 automatically download manufacturer apps and custom icons.
Solution 4 – Change the default format
In the situation where you can’t resolve Dolby audio driver not working or not starting issue by reinstalling Dolby audio driver, it is a perfect option for you to try to change the default sound or format of headphones.
1. Right click on the sound or headphone icon on the right corner of the desktop. And here is the solution for fix missing sound icon on taskbar if you can’t find it.
2. Choose playback devices .
3. Right-click on the speaker or headphones to set it as the default device. Here set the speaker as the default device.
4. Click Properties to open it from Dolby audio.
5. Scroll to Advanced and search default format . Here you can change the speed and depth of the default device and then taste it to check if the Dolby audio driver is starting.
It is not easy for you to change a default format which can exactly solve Dolby advanced audio driver not starting. You are supposed to try to change it several times until it works fine on Windows 10.
In conclusion, if you are experiencing Dolby audio driver cannot start, you can surely find a solution in this article.