Overview of devices and printers not loading:
Devices and Printers manage all your devices, such as your external speakers, monitors, keyboards, phones, printers, scanners, and other external USB devices. You can open Devices and Printers in Control Panel or from Printers and scanner > Devices and printers . and here you can add a printer phone or speaker or Windows 10. Then you can transfer music, photos to Windows 10 or print documents in Windows 10.
How to fix devices and printers won’t open in Windows 10?
But sometimes when you click on devices and printers, it has no response. You can’t open devices and printers, so you can’t add a printer or device to it. And sometimes when you click on it, it continues the loading process and never stops or enters the next window.
So if your devices and printers won’t open or load, here are some solutions.
Solution 1 – Enable Bluetooth services
Sometimes when open the control panel and you want to open the devices and printers, the top process bar never completes or the loading takes a long time. Of course, maybe you can’t find anything after you open it. This may be due to the Bluetooth services settings. If you disable Bluetooth services, it may kill the devices and printers function. So enable it again.
1. Write services in the search box to enter the service’s desktop app.
2. In the services window, find the Bluetooth support services . Right click and choose Properties .
3. In the Properties window, select the startup type as Automatic and make sure the services status is On execution .
4. Repeat the above 3 steps for the other Bluetooth services, such as service Bluetooth the Bluetooth hands-free service .
After enabling all Bluetooth services, you can go into the control panel and open Devices and Printers, and you will see the Devices and Printers displayed. Of course, enabling Bluetooth services can also fix bluetooth problems .
Solution 2 – Use safe mode
If your computer can’t open devices and printers or it takes a long time to load, maybe you can try to open it in safe mode. After entering safe mode, then reboot to enter normal mode, you will find the problem solved. Your devices and printers can be opened normally. And here is the solution you need: 3 Ways to Enter Safe Mode in Windows 10 .
Solution 3 – Create a new user profile
If Devices and Printers keep loading and never get into the Devices and Printers window, the user’s profile may be corrupted. Try to create a new working local user profile.
1. Create a different admin account .
2. Then restart your computer and login with this administrator account.
3. Find C:users yourname and change your name to youname.old or other names. This causes all interrupt files to be quarantined.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Login with the original administrator account. Then the new user profile will be created again.
After creating the new profile account, when you open Devices and Printers, the Windows process bar will load quickly and smoothly.
Solution 4: Run System File Checker
Devices and printers won’t open maybe due to the interrupted file, please run System File Checker to fix it. System File Checker is developed by Windows 10 to scan the corrupt system files and repair or restore them back.
1. Write cmd in the search box and the command prompt will appear in the search result. Right click to choose Execute as an administrator .
2. At the administrator command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Get in .
The system scan will start and it will take some time. And the following process is automatic. You don’t need to do anything. After the scan is finished, it will repair the corrupt files. If your user profile breaks, it will fix it automatically.
Solution 5 – Clean Boot Windows 10
Finally. If the devices and printers are not charging so far, try doing a clean boot for Windows 10. Once the boot is clean, Windows 10 will reload. You can check if devices and printers will show you icons.
Bonus Tip: Update All Device Drivers
In case it is the incompatible printer, scanner driver that causes devices and printers not to work in Windows 10, you can also make sure that all your device drivers are up to date. Also, the latest drivers can improve the performance of your printer and many other devices.
Here to save time, it is strongly recommended driver booster automatically update all drivers at the same time. It will scan, download and install the driver in Windows 10 quickly.
1. Download install and run Driver Booster.
2. Click Scan to search for drivers to update.
3. Press Update now to let Driver Booster install all updated device drivers for you, such as printer driver and scanner driver.
With all these newer drivers, you can see printers and other devices running smoothly.
So the above 5 ways can help you to fix devices won’t open or load issue in Windows 10.
Fix device driver error in Windows 10
3 Ways to Fix Printer Not Working in Windows 10
4 Ways to Fix Canon Scanner Not Working on Windows 10