And the wait is over. Just in time, today, January 15, 2020, Microsoft officially released the stable version of its new Chromium-based Edge for Windows Y macOS . You can download the stable version for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and macOS directly from microsoft.com/edge in more than 90 languages. Well, if you are on Windows 10, you can wait for the automatic update to start.
The new Edge is based on the Chromium open source project , an open source web rendering engine developed by Google, which is also the engine behind Chrome, Opera, Amazon Silk, and many other browsers and which makes the new edge similar to Google Chrome in that respect.
Currently, Microsoft has released a new edge 79 (because the company is using versions of Chromium) as stable and the Edge 80 is scheduled to arrive in early February. And then like Chrome, Microsoft takes a six-week cadence for the next stable release.
EaseUS Partition Master Features
The free partition manager makes the best use of hard drive space and keeps your PC running at peak performance. Keep the original data intact!
To create, delete, resize / move, merge, divide, erase or format partitions to make better use of hard drive capacity.
Designed to recover deleted or lost partition in unallocated space or recover lost partition after hard drive failure, virus attack, system crash, formatted partition, partition or other cases.
Wizard to clone disks or partitions
Easily upgrade / migrate / copy basic disk partition, dynamic volume or GPT partition for data protection or disk upgrade, no Windows system reinstallation is required. It can be done in a few clicks for data or system migration between HDD and SSD, or MBR disk and GPT disk, cloning HDD to SSD or cloning SSD to another.
- You can rebuild the MBR of any drive
- EaseUS Partition Master supports defragmenting partitions
- You can easily change the drive letter and volume label of hard drives
- The entire Partition Master Free Edition program can be password protected to prevent unauthorized changes to drives and partitions.
- You can hide a partition, which will prevent Windows from showing it with the other connected drives
- Primary partitions and logical partitions can be converted back and forth between them.
- Drives and partitions can be erased, permanently erasing all data.
What’s new in version 12.9?
- Stability improvements in the partition merge feature.
- Multiple other fixes and improvements.
Resize / move partition
With the help of EaseUS Partition Master , you can easily resize / move partitions to make the most of disk space, especially extend system drive (C drive) to solve low disk space problem. To do this first, download and install EaseUS-Partition Master. Now open EaseUS-Partition master Right click on the partition and select Resize / Move Partition.
In a disk map, the current partition size is displayed at the top of the dialog box. Resize the left or right side partition to the new desired size and then do click in Accept
- Check the option Optimize for SSD when partitioning an SSD.
- To make a partition smaller, the partition must contain unused space. To extend a partition, there must be free space adjacent to it.
Migrate OS to SSD / HDD
To clone system disk / partition to SSD or HDD and transfer Windows system from one hard drive to another without reinstalling Click the option Migrate OS to SSD / HDD . Select a destination hard disk to which you transfer the operating system to edit the destination partition. click in Accept to finish
- This feature only works on Windows, instead of WinPE
- The option is not available unless the system and the boot partition are on the same hard drive
- All partitions on the destination drive will be overwritten
When cloning a single partition to unallocated space, it is often used to back up data for security reasons or for disk upgrade and replacement. To do this Select a source partition Right-click on the partition and select Clone partition. Next, select a destination and edit the destination partition. Then click Finalize to complete the process.
Note: Do not copy partitions containing operating system to GPT disks.
Also, you can use the 4K alignment function to properly align all 4K sectors on your SSD and maximize SSD performance. And with EaseUS disk partition software, junk files, large files, or internet history are cleaned up to free up lots of disk space for high disk performance and make your PCs / servers run faster than before.
EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition Pros and Cons
EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition is one of the best disk partitioning tools out there, but unfortunately there are some features that are only available in the professional version:
- Very easy to use, even for inexperienced computer users
- Allows you to preview your changes before applying them
- Includes many useful operations
- Can only be used for personal use
- Dynamic disks cannot be converted to basic
- The free edition did not allow Migrate OS to SSD / HDD. You must have
- Expanding the system volume requires a reboot
- It might ask you to install another program during installation
Editors Review on EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition
The overall look of EaseUS Partition Master Free makes whatever you are doing with your computer partitions easy to understand and accomplish. Explanations and tutorials are also detailed in your manual in line , very useful if you are still not sure what to do.
The partition EaseUS Partition Maestro Free Edition It has some limited features such as the supported 8TB HDD capacity, Allow to manage disk partitions and 4K alignment to speed up the performance of SSDs and HDDs. Or you need to upgrade Partition master pro / Server Editions to get advanced features like Manage dynamic volume, Migrate OS to SSD / HDD, Change system disk MBR to GPT, System disk GPT to MBR without causing data loss, Support priority technical.