Remove Windows 10 login password: the Passwords are an essential part of Windows 10, passwords are everywhere, be it your mobile phone, your email account or your Facebook account . Passwords help you protect your Windows 10 PC from unauthorized access and removing your Windows 10 login password is not recommended. But if you still want to remove administrator password in Windows 10, don’t worry, just follow this post and you’re good to go.
When you install Windows 10, by default you are prompted to set a password, though you can skip this step, but many people choose not to. Later, when you try to remove the password, you will find it very difficult, although you cannot remove it completely, but you can stop having to log in every time you restart Windows or cancel the screen saver. So, without wasting any time, let’s see how to remove your Windows 10 login password with the help of the guide given below.
How to remove your Windows 10 login password
Make sure to create a restore point in case something goes wrong.
Method 1 – Remove your login password with Netplwiz
1.In Windows search, type netplwiz, then right click on it from the search result and select Execute as an administrator.
2.Now select user account for which you want remove the password.
3.After selecting the account, uncheck » Users must enter a username and password to use this computer «.
4. Finally, click OK and then you should enter your current password.
5. Again click OK and restart your PC to save the changes.
You will be able to sign in to Windows 10 without using a password.
Method 2: Remove Windows 10 login password using Control Panel
1.Press Windows Key + R then type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
2. Make sure View By is set to Category and then click User account.
3. Click again user accounts and then click » Manage another account «.
Four. Select the account for which you want to remove the password .
5. On the next screen, click the link » Change Password «.
6. Enter your original password and then leave the new password field empty, click the Change password button.
7. This will successfully remove Windows 10 password.
Method 3 – Remove your login password with Windows 10 setup
1.Press the Windows key + I to open Settings, and then click Accounts.
2. From the menu on the left, select options start of session.
3. Now from the right window panel, click on Change user password.
Four. Enter the current password and then click Following.
5. Finally, leave the new password field empty and click Next.
6. This will remove with success Windows 10 password.
Method 4 – Remove Windows 10 login password with Command Prompt
1.Press Windows Key + X then select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type the following command in cmd and press Enter:
3. The above command will show you a list of user accounts available on your PC.
4.Now to change the password of any of the listed accounts, type the following command:
net user username
Note: Replace user_name with the actual username of the local account you want to change the password for.
5.If the above doesn’t work then use the following command in cmd and press Enter:
Net User Admin *
6. You will be prompted to enter a new password, simply leave the field empty and press enter twice.
7. Restart your PC to save the changes.
This will remove with success your Windows 10 administrator password.
Method 5: Remove Windows 10 login password with PCUnlocker
You can easily remove your Windows 10 administrator password with this handy password removal tool called PCUnlocker . You can also use this password reset tool in case you have forgotten your password or cannot log in to Windows 10. This software can be run from a bootable disk or USB through which you can easily reset your password.
1. First, burn this software to a CD or USB drive using the free software ISO2Disc.
2.Next, make sure to set your PC to boot from CD or USB.
3. Once the PC boots with the CD or USB, it will boot with the PCUnlocker program.
4.In » Select a user account from the list «, select your administrator account and then click » Restore password «.
5. This will remove Windows 10 administrator password.
You need to restart your PC normally and this time you won’t need a password to log in to Windows 10.
- Force uninstall programs that won’t uninstall in Windows 10
- How to change screen brightness in Windows 10
- Network adapter driver problems, what to do?
- Fix apps appearing blurry in Windows 10
That’s all you’ve successfully learned How To remove your windows 10 login password, but if you still have any questions about this article then feel free to ask in the comment section.