Actionuri OOP server is still working
There are several programs in Task Manager that monitor the performance of Windows 10. Sometimes when there is poor performance in Windows system, you can’t wait to check the services running in Task Manager.
It is common for you to see a process called Actionuriserver.exe living in Task Manager with high CPU or high memory. Usually that can lead to the blue screen of death or other system errors, especially the game stuttering with fps drops .
By referring to this thread, you can learn what is Action Uri OOP Server and how to resolve ActionuriServer.exe error in Windows 10.
What is ActionUri OOP server?
It is said that the programs Actionuri OOP Server and Reminders Winrt OOP Server they are related to Windows 10 Cortana.
ActionUriSever.exe is the process used by Cortana to send information to Microsoft. And as for the reasons why you find this Actionuri OOP Server keeps being used in Task Manager, Cornata will often need it to function. Even if you have terminated this program, ActionUriServer.exe will likely return to Windows 10 as long as Windows Cortana is still running in the background.
After getting the main idea about the concept of Cortana Actionuri OOP Server process, now it’s time for you to start dealing with Windows 10 ActionUri OOP Server keeps running in the background.
How to fix ActionUriServer.exe keeps running on Windows 10?
Just as it was mentioned that the Actionuri OOP Server process is one of the Windows 10 Cortana components, if you want to disable it to solve Windows 10 ActionuriServer.exe keeps running on Windows 10, you need to disable the Cortana feature with the following methods.
These ways can also be applied to Wirnt OOP Server high performance CPU or Windows 10 high memory.
Solution 1: Fix Actionuri OOP Server keeps running automatically
If you hate Actionuri OOP server still working on Windows 10, the first thing you should do is disable Cortana completely. That will prevent Cortana from using the Actionuri OOP Server all the time. Here, to save your time and energy, you can rely on Advanced SystemCare to automatically turn off Cortana on your PC, which is used among numerous users.
1. Advanced SystemCare install and run Advanced SystemCare.
2. In the Toolbox , press MyWin10 .
You can see that Advanced SystemCare is installing this toolbox directly and quickly.
3. in IObit MyWin10 on Cortana Settings , turn off the option Activate Cortana to Disable Cortana.
Go back to Windows 10 desktop, Cortana may not show on taskbar and Actionuri OOP Server may not always run on Windows 10
Tips: Use Advanced SystemCare to monitor and protect your PC
To prevent other programs from using Actionuri OOP Server and keeping it running, it is very necessary to scan the file, spyware and registry with Advanced SystemCare .
In ASC, in Clean and optimize check the box Select everything and then press Scan to get a full scan of your computer. Then fix all the erroneous applications, registrations, etc.
In addition to checking for troublesome items, ASC is also capable of speeding up gaming PCs.
Solution 2 – Turn off Cortana completely in Group Policy Editor
Since Action Uri OOP Server and Winrt OOP Reminder Server are part of Cortana in Windows 10, to remove background ActionUri OOP Server from background programs, the most effective way is to disable Cortana in Windows 10.
You’d better try to prevent Cortana from running in the background on the Group Policy Editor . But you may know that there are different versions of the registry editor on different Windows systems.
Here for your reference, take Windows 10 Home Local Group Registration Policy as an example. If you’re on another Windows system, just make a few changes to some of the steps.
1. Press Windows + R to activate the box Run and then write gpedit.msc in the frame. Finally, press ok to move on.
Here, since this computer is on Windows 10 Home edition, the Local Group Policy Editor will raise.
2. In the Local Group Policy Editor go to Equipment configuration > Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Find .
3. in Look for I searched Allow Cortana and double click to open its settings window.
4. In the window Allow Cortana mark the circle disabled and then press Apply and To accept to save the changes and take effect.
5. Then go back to the Local Group Policy Editor again, in Look for again, in the right pane, find Do not allow web search and open it by double clicking on it.
6. In the window Do not allow web search choose to set it as activated and then click Apply and To accept to save the changes.
7. After that, you could also do the same thing to configure Don’t search the web or show web results in Search What enabled .
In this sense, you will have completely removed Cortana as an assistant, although Cortana as an embedded process in Windows 10 has not been uninstalled. Although even if you have not successfully disabled Windows 10 Cortana, you can check out more ways to disable Cortana completely .
At this time, the Cortana error ActrionUriServer.exe may still be used in Windows 10 or the winrt oop server high CPU Windows 10 reminders are resolved without the presence of Windows 10 Cortana.
Solution 3 – Perform System File Checker to resolve Windows 10 action Uri OOP server keeps running
This time, you are supposed to use SFC ( System file checker ) to scan for corrupted or damaged system files and those related to the Windows 10 Cortana ActionUriSever.exe process. And then help you fix these files automatically.
1. Press Windows + R to raise the box Run and then enter cmd in the frame.
Lastly, do click on To accept to access the symbol of the system .
Here you need to make sure that you have the administrative privileges in Windows 10.
2. In the symbol of the system enter sfc /scannow and later press enter to run the System File Checker .
3. CFS detects problem files on your PC and repairs them automatically.
Shortly after removing Action Uri OOP Server file corruption, it is obvious that Actionuri OOP Server will not remain in Windows 10 even if Cortana is still running in the background. Maybe the Winrt OOP Server High CPU reminders also disappeared.
Solution 4 – Reload Windows 10 drivers and programs to fix this Cortana background process error
To avoid the possibility that it is the system problem that causes Windows 10 to encounter ActionUri OOP Server keeps running in the background, it is recommended that you try to run a clean boot for Windows 10 and then move to a normal start to load drivers again.
Before reloading all services, drivers, and programs for Windows 10, you must do a clean boot and then you can tackle Action Uri Server.exe runs all the time in the background when Cortana keeps opening in Task Manager.
Now try to get to normal start on Windows 10.
1. Click Windows + R to open the box Run and then enter msconfig in the frame.
2. Then in the window System configuration select normal start and then click Apply and To accept to save the changes.
You will then be reminded to restart your computer, at which point press Restart .
After starting your PC next time, check if Actionurisever.exe is still running in Task Manager.
In general, regarding Cortana issue, ActionUri OOP Server persists to run on Windows 10 even though you have prevented Cortana from using it, the most efficient way is to disable Cortana. You can try to do it by searching this article.