Oh no! What’s that? A big exclamation point! This can be really annoying when you’re trying to share photos with your friends and family on Facebook Messenger, and all you see is a big caution sign saying ‘try again’.
believe me! You are not alone in this. We have all been through this once in our lives. Facebook Messenger often throws tantrums when exchanging media files and photos online. And of course you don’t want to miss out on that fun.
This usually happens when the server has some issues, the cache and data is locked, or the date and time are out of sync. But don’t panic, because we’re here to help you get out of this mess and get his social media life back on track.
Fix can’t send photos on Facebook Messenger
We have listed some tricks that can help you fix cannot send photos on Facebook Messenger issue and get you out of this anxiety.
Method 1: Check permissions
Facebook messenger not working can be frustrating because it’s the next best thing to the Facebook app. This usually happens when Facebook doesn’t have access to your internal storage or SD card. Even users can sometimes dismiss the storage access permission, absentmindedly. This could be the reason why your Facebook Messenger is not working properly and is ignoring media files.
To fix this, you will need to follow the instructions below:
1. Go to Setting and search for Apps.
2. Now navigate Manage apps and search FacebookMessenger .
3. Check if you have Granted all permissions except location-related information, SMS, and contacts . Make sure that access to the camera and storage is granted.
Now restart your android and try sending photos via Facebook Messenger again.
Method 2: Clear Messenger Cache and Data
If the cache and data of the Facebook Messenger app is corrupted, then this might be the problem behind your not being able to share photos with your friends using Facebook Messenger.
Deleting the unwanted cache will fix the problem and make storage space for other important things. Also, clearing the cache does not remove your user ID and password.
Following are the steps to clear Facebook Messenger cache:
1. Go to Setting on your phone.
2. Select Applications and then go to Manage apps .
3. Now browse FacebookMessenger and go to Storage.
4. Finally, clear the cache First and then Delete data .
5. Restart your Android and sign in to your Messenger account again.
Method 3: Check the date and time settings
If the date and time settings are not in sync, the Messenger app will not work properly. If Facebook Messenger isn’t working, check your time and date settings.
To check your time and data, follow these instructions and set it up correctly:
1. Navigate Setting and select System or Additional Settings .
2. Now look for the option Date and Time .
3. Make sure Activate the lever next to » Automatic date and time «.
4. Finally, reboot your Android device.
Recommended: recover your facebook account when you can’t login
Method 4: Reinstall Messenger
Couldn’t post those photos from last night’s party because Facebook Messenger doesn’t allow you to share or receive photos online? Sad story, brother!
If all the above suggestions don’t help, reinstalling the app is also a great option to solve this problem. The steps to do so are given below:
1. Go to Setting and search Applications.
2. Now search All apps / Manage apps and select Messenger.
3. Uninstall the app from there and clear all cache history and data.
4. Go to Play Store and install again FacebookMessenger.
5. Rebooting your device is optional. Once done, sign in again.
This can fix Can’t send photos on Facebook Messenger issue ; otherwise, continue with the next method.
Method 5: Check the secure settings of the digital card (SD card)
There are many additional security and system permission shields when dealing with external storage. If your SD card doesn’t fit properly in the designated slot, then you won’t be able to share photos on Facebook Messenger.
Sometimes a virus corrupted SD card can also be the issue behind this problem. So don’t take chances; make sure you have configured the correct settings, as expected. You can try to replace your SD card with another one, just to check if the problem is not with your SD card. Or you can remove the SD card and clean the dust by blowing air into the designated slot and then reinsert it. If nothing else works, you may need to format your SD card and try again.
Method 6 – Use the Lite version of the app
The lite version of the Facebook Messenger app is a discreet way to access Facebook. It works the same but has some degraded features.
To install Facebook Lite:
1. Visit Play Store Y download facebook messenger lite .
2. After the installation process, enter your user ID and password.
3. The app should work as good as the new one. Now you can enjoy sharing photos and media online.
Method 7 – Leave the Beta Program
Are you part of the Beta program for Facebook Messenger? Because if so, let me tell you that leaving is the best option. Although Beta Programs are great for getting the latest updates and features, these updates contain bugs that can cause conflicts with the Messenger app. These new applications are unstable and may cause a problem.
If you plan to leave the Beta program for Facebook Messenger, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to Play Store and search Messenger.
2. Keep scrolling down until you find the words ‘ You are in a beta tester’ section .
3. Select Go out and wait for your removal from the Beta program.
4. Now, reboot your device and get the latest version of Messenger.
Method 8: Try an older version of Facebook Messenger
Someone rightly said, old is gold. An older version seems to be the only option when nothing works. Turn back if necessary, no damage. An older version of Messenger can solve the problem of not sending photos on Facebook Messenger. Here are the steps to do it:
Note: Installing apps from third party websites or sources is not recommended. Only do this if nothing works, but still proceed with caution.
one. uninstall the Facebook Messenger app on your phone.
2. Now navigate to APKMirror or any other third party website and search FacebookMessenger .
3. Download the old version of APK which is not older than 2 months.
4. Install the APK and ‘grant permission’ where necessary.
5. clear the cache and then log in with your user ID and password.
Method 9: Access Facebook through your browser
You can always share photos by accessing Facebook through your browser, although this is not a technical solution, it is more of an alternative. All you need to do is:
1. Visit the website www.facebook.com .
2. Enter your user ID and password and press enter.
3. I hope you haven’t forgotten how to handle Facebook in the old school. Access your media and files through PC.
That’s it, I hope the above steps were helpful and now you can fix the problem I can’t send photos on Facebook Messenger . If you still have any questions or want to add something, feel free to reach out using the comment section.