Some users find that their cast to device may not work since upgrading to Windows 10. For example, they may not be able to watch movies from their laptops to TVs via the Cast To button. It’s not unusual to have this problem upgrading to Windows 10, and you can fix it by following a few simple steps. Four solutions are provided here, and you can try them to fix your problem.
Solution 1: Run the hardware and device troubleshooter
Troubleshooter is used to automatically detect and fix problems. Running Hardware and Device Troubleshooter can find and fix some hardware and device problems for you. Below are detailed steps. You can take advantage of it to fix streaming to device like Roku or TV not working on Windows 10.
1. Go to Setting > Update and security > Solve problems .
2. Select hardware and device , and click Run the troubleshooter .
3. Then it will detect problems with hardware and devices automatically.
If there is any problem, you will be reminded with a window and you need to select Apply this solution . Then it will fix the problem.
Once the detected issues are fixed, you can try applying Cast to the device and see if you need to use the following solutions.
Solution 2 – Turn on Network Discovery
In some cases, this issue occurs because some network sharing features are incorrectly turned off. Therefore, you need to turn them on.
1. Write Control Panel in the search box and click the search result.
2. Select View network status and tasks .
3. Choose Change advanced sharing settings in the left pane.
4. Check whether the two elements, Turn on network discovery Y Turn on file and printer sharing , are selected. If not, select them and click Save Changes .
After that, you have activated the network sharing features. Try to cast Windows 10 to Roku to see if it works now.
Solution 3 – Update your network drivers
An outdated or incorrect driver can also cause this issue, so updating your drivers is one of the ways to resolve this issue. As for how to update your related drivers, there are two options you can choose from.
Option 1 – You can update related drivers via Device Manager
In this way, you need to go to Device Manager and locate the driver that you need to update. And then follow the given instructions to update it.
Option 2: update network drivers automatically
driver booster is a professional tool that can help you download and install updated drivers and missing drivers. You can use it to update some specific device driver like network card driver and all drivers as well. Here are the steps to use Driver DR to update drivers.
1. Download and install driver booster On your computer.
2. Run it and click Scan .
It will then scan all your drivers and tell you which ones need to be updated.
3. Locate the network adapters and then update the network controller.
4. Or here you can also decide Update now to update all drivers in Windows 10.
Thereafter, Driver Booster will start downloading and installing the updated drivers for you. Once done, you can use Roku mirroring screen in Windows 10 and casting to device not working is also resolved.
Solution 4 – Reset streaming permissions
1. Write Windows Media Player in the search box and click on it.
2. Click Stream at the top of the window. And select the first Allow Internet access to home media .
3. Select Allow Internet access to home media .
Click on YES when User Account Control reminds you, and do click in Accept when you say you have allowed Internet access to home media.
4. Return to the Windows Media Player window and select Transmission > Activate streaming media .
5. Select Activate streaming media .
6. Click Accept .
7. Go back to the Windows Media Player window again and click Stream to make sure both items are checked.
After finishing these steps, reconnect the device and the Cast to device should work now.
tip : If these solutions cannot solve your problems, it may be because some services are incorrectly disabled. You can go to Services to see if the following three services are running.
Discovery Resource Publication Function [Manual] SSDP Discovery [Manual] UPnP DeviceHost [Manual]
Suppose they are not running, you can right click and choose Start to enable them.
Solution 5 – Enable related services
Whether you want to stream movies, music or games to the devices, you need to make sure the relevant services are turned on to prompt the streaming device to run on Windows 10. As long as your streaming to the device is not working or Xbox is not discoverable on Windows 10 , is available to check the status of the service.
1. Press Windows + R to open the box Run and enter services.msc in the frame.
2. Then scroll down to discover the DNS client , the feature discovery resource publication , the SSDP discovery Y the UPnP device host for start
3. Then right-click on them to navigate to their properties, where should you configure your start type What manual in instead of Off.
4. Restart Windows 10 for it to take effect.
The moment you started these streaming related services, you may find that streaming to Roku will work smoothly.
Solution 6 – Check for Windows 10 updates
In a sense, this cast to device not working may be the problem with Windows 10 update. And Microsoft released repair updates to fix Windows 10 to device not working error. You should check Windows updates to check if the new updates can really get rid of this conversion error.
1. Go to Beginning > Setting > Update and security .
2 in Windows Update , choose Search for updates .
With the updates installed on Windows 10, try streaming to Roku to see if the issue persists on Windows 10.
Solution 7: Fix Cast to Roku Not Working on Windows 10
For many of you, you tend to cast Windows 10 to Roku, but it turns out that Cast to Device does not work on Windows 10. So for Roku, now you need to learn how to properly cast to Roku on PC.
1. Make sure your Roku and Windows 10 are connecting to the same network and both are in good condition.
2. Open the Activities Center to the left of your desk. Or you can activate Action Center from the search box.
3. In the Activities Center , click on Expand to find your transmission device and then connect to it.
All of the above is about solutions to stream to device not working. I hope they can help you fix it when you encounter this problem.