Fix ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome error: If you are unable to access the internet or any website using Google Chrome then don’t worry as many users are facing similar problem and luckily there are various solutions to solve this problem. When you try to visit any web page in Chrome, you encounter the error message » ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT «. The cause of this error seems to be outdated chrome, damaged system or chrome files, wrong DNS settings, wrong proxy or connection might be blocked from host files etc. So without wasting time, let’s see how to fix ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT chrome error with the help of the tutorial below.
Fix ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome error
Make sure to create a restore point in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Modify the hosts file to allow the connection
1.Press Windows Key + Q, then type note pad and right click on it to select Execute as an administrator.
2.Now click on Archive, then select Open and browse to the following location:
C: Windows System32 drivers etc
3. Next, from the file type, select All the files.
4. then select the hosts file and click open.
5. Delete everything after the last # sign.
6. Click File > save close notepad and restart your PC.
Method 2: Uncheck Proxy
1.Press Windows Key + R then type » inetcpl.cpl ” Y press enter to open Internet Properties.
2. Then go to the Connections tab and select LAN Settings.
3. Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN and make sure the option » Automatically detect settings » is checked.
4. Click OK, then Apply and restart your PC.
Method 3: Clear browsing data
When the browsing data is not cleared for a long time, this can also cause the error ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome.
1. Open Google Chrome and touch Ctrl + H to open the history.
2. Then click Erase Data of navigation from the left panel.
3.Make sure the » beginning of time » is selected under Remove from the following items.
4.Also, check the following:
Cookies and other data
bulls and plugins Cached images and files
Autofill form data
5. Now click on Clear browsing data and wait for it to finish.
6. Close your browser and restart your PC.
Method 4: Flush DNS and renew IP
1.Press Windows Key + X then select Command Prompt (Admin) .
2.In cmd type the following and hit enter after each:
a) ipconfig /flushdns
c) ipconfig /release
d) ipconfig /renew
e) netsh winsock reset
3. Restart your PC to apply changes and see if you can fix ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome error.
Method 5 – Use Google DNS
1. Open Control Panel and click Network and Internet.
2. Then click network center and means shared and then click Change adapter settings.
3. Select your Wi-Fi, then right click on it and select Properties.
4.Now select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
5. Check » Use the following DNS server addresses » and type the following:
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
6.Click OK then restart your PC and see if you can fix ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome error.
Method 6: Update the network adapter driver
1.Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc Y press Enter.
2. Right click on the wireless adapter in Network adapters and select Update driver.
3. Select » Search my computer for driver software. «
4. Again click » Let me choose from a list of available drivers on my computer. «
5. Select the latest available driver from the list and click Next.
6. Restart your PC to save the changes and see if you can fix ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome error.
Method 7: Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall
1.Right click on the icon of the antivirus program from the system tray and select Disable.
2. Next, select the period of time during which the antivirus will remain disabled.
Note: Choose the shortest amount of time possible, for example, 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
3.Once done, try again to access the webpage and check if the error is resolved or not.
4. Write control in Windows search, and then click Control Panel from the search result.
5. Then click Security system and then click Windows firewall.
6. Now from the left window panel, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
7. Select Turn off Windows Firewall and restart your PC.
See if you can fix the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome error, if not, make sure you follow the exact same steps to turn your Firewall back on.
Method 8: Use Chrome Cleanup Tool
The tool official of google chrome cleanup helps scan and remove software that can cause the problem with Chrome, such as crashes, unusual start pages or toolbars, unexpected ads you can’t get rid of, or change your browsing experience.
- Fix Windows Update Error 80072EE2
- How to set data limit for WiFi and Ethernet in Windows 10
- 12 Ways To Fix Steam Won’t Open Problem
- Fix IPv6 connectivity without internet access in Windows 10
That’s all, ha fixed ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT Chrome error successfully, but if you still have any questions about this tutorial, feel free to ask in the comments section.