Windows users can never get rid of these strange alphanumeric codes with smaller to smaller Windows changes. These codes are frustrating and are basically jargon to almost everyone who works on them. The user has no idea why the code is happening and intriguing with the processes of the PC and one’s mind as well. In the same way, error code 0x8007000d It is one of them that appears when you activate Windows and here we are again to solve it.
In this article, you will find ways to correct the error 0x8007000d in Windows 10, 8 and 7.
While trying to activate / update your Windows, it may generate the following errors:
Windows could not check for new updates. An error occurred while checking for new updates on your computer.
Error (s) found: code 0x8007000d Windows update encountered an unknown error.
The data is invalid.
Error code 8007000d.
What is error code 0x8007000d?
Hexadecimal numeric error code 0x8007000D is a general error code generated by Windows and other manufacturers of Windows-compatible drivers and software. The seller uses this code to identify the error caused. There may be more parameters related to error code 0x8007000D along with a technical description.
But what does the code mean? The code is basically a memory address where the instruction was executing at the time of the error.
What causes the 0x8007000d code?
Almost all Windows problems can be related to some files getting corrupted or missing, making the natural process difficult and causing the error. In this case, the error is due to Windows system file corruption due to missing or corrupted Windows files due to Windows update or activation cannot progress.
This error can be the result of the following reasons:
- Improper installation
- Incomplete uninstallation
- Improper removal of applications or hardware.
- Windows shut down incorrectly
- Malware or virus attack
How to fix error code 0x8007000D when activating Windows
These are some of our top researched and carefully selected solutions to correct the Error 0x8007000D that occurs when activating, updating or updating Windows.
Solution 1: use Microsoft Fixit to fix 0x8007000D
While searching for the problem, you may find the result of a Microsoft page. The page, so Microsoft recommends that you try a Microsoft Fixit support that can suggest some solutions to problems related to the terrible code 0x8007000D so that you can easily activate Windows without getting any more errors.
With him error 0x8007000D, it has the potential to correct other updates and activation issues. Simply Click here to go directly to the page.
Solution 2: Run the System File Checker
The SFC command is a utility provided by Windows to check and repair corruption in system files. The command is run to check and repair system files by replacing corrupted system entries with a clean, undamaged cached copy of the same files. To run the System File Checker:
- In the Cortana search , scribe cmd. From the search results list, right click on the command prompt and select Execute as an administrator . This will start the command prompt as administrator.
- After the start of the black command prompt window, scribe the following commands in the console and remember to press enter after each command:
- SFC / scannow
- sfc / scannow / offbootdir = c: / offwindir = c: windows
- Accordingly, after completing the above process, reboot his computer.
This will automatically repair the system files and repair the code of error 0x8007000D.
Solution 3: Chkdsk command to fix the problem 0x8007000D
Similar to the SFC command in Solution 1, CHKDSK is another utility command available in Windows to check and repair bad sectors on the hard drive. To run CHKDSK:
- Press Windows + X and then select Command Prompt (Administrator) / Windows Powershell (Administrator) from the pop-up menu.
- Now in the command prompt console, scribe the following command to run chkdsk:
- » Chkdsk / rc: »And press Enter.
- ProTip : The same for other drives can be run and verified by replacing the letter «C» with the unit indexes assigned with their letters.
- After completing the above process, reboot its Pc for the changes to take effect.
This will fix the errors it recites on the HDD to correct the error code 0x8007000D.
Solution 4: delete the software distribution folder
The Software Distribution folder is recites in Windows directory and is used as storage for Temporary files what can be required to install Windows Update maintained by WUAgent .
- First, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys to start the Task Manager.
- Switch to tab Services in the Task Manager window .
- Find and right click about him Windows update service and select Stop.
- Then navigate to the folder Windows SoftwareDistribution and delete all its content within the Software distribution folder. Alternatively, you can change the name of the folder to SoftwareDistributionOld.
- Restart the Windows update service.
- Finally, try Activate the windows again.
Removing the software redistribution folder works many times as reported by users to resolve the activation error 0x8007000D.
Solution 5: Run DISM
After employing the above three solutions, if you are still facing Windows activation problems, you need to repair the DISM (Administration and maintenance of deployment images). To repair it:
- Follow Step 1 of Solution 3.
- In Step 2 of Solution 3, instead of the chkdsk command, type the following:
Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
- Wait for the implementation of an image Administration and maintenance from the repair successfully.
This will repair the DISM and fix any issues related to the problem of activation of Error code 0x8007000D .
In conclusion, don’t worry if you can’t resolve this error. Just use the comment section to post a query. This error is not that harmful and is very common and you will definitely fix it using one or the other solution mentioned above.