Fix the blue screen of death error igdkmd64.sys : igdkmd64.sys is a software component of the Intel graphics card drivers for Windows, and Intel provides this kernel-mode graphics driver to laptop manufacturers. IGDKMd64 stands for Intel Graphics Driver Kernel Mode 64-bit. Several different issues related to this driver have been reported to cause the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), including VIDEO_TDR_ERROR, igdkmd64.sys, and nvlddmkm.sys.
TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery and when you try to reset your display drivers and recover from a timeout you will see the VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (igdkmd64.sys) error. Unfortunately, this error cannot be resolved by simply deleting igdkmd64.sys, in fact, you cannot even delete or edit this file as one of Microsoft’s critical system files. SYS is a file extension for the system file device driver used by Microsoft Windows and also contains system settings for drivers that Windows requires to communicate with your hardware and devices.
Fix igdkmd64.sys Blue Screen of Death Error
It is recommended to create a restore point in case something goes wrong. Also, before proceeding, make sure you are not overclocking your PC or GPU, and if you are, stop it immediately to fix igdkmd64.sys blue screen of death error.
Method 1 – Rollback Intel Graphics Card Drivers
1.Press the Windows key + R, then type » devmgmt.msc » (without quotes) and press enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand the Display adapters, then right click on Intel (R) HD Graphics and select Properties.
3.Now switch to the Controller tab, then click revert driver and press OK to save the settings.
4. Restart your PC to save the changes.
5. If the problem is still not resolved or the Roll Back Driver option was grayed out continue.
6. Right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics again, but this time select uninstall.
7. If it asks for confirmation, select OK and restart your PC to save the changes.
8. When the PC restarts, it will automatically load the default Intel graphics card drivers.
Method 2: Run System File Checker (SFC) and Check Disk (CHKDSK)
1. Press Windows Key + X and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Now type the following in cmd and hit enter:
CFS / scannow
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c: /offwindir=c:windows
3. Wait for the above process to finish and once done, restart your PC.
4.Then run CHKDSK from here How to fix file system errors with Check Disk Utility (CHKDSK) .
5. Let the above process complete and reboot your PC again to save the changes.
Method 3 – Change Intel graphics settings
1.Right click on the empty area of the desktop and select Graphic properties.
2. Then in Intel HD Graphics Contol Panel, click 3D.
3. Make sure the 3D settings are set to:
Set the Application Optimum Mode to Enable.
Configure Anti-Aliasing Multi-Sample to use the application settings.
Set conservative morphological smoothing to off.
4. Go back to the main menu and click Video.
5. Again, make sure the video settings are set to:
Standard color correction to application settings.
Input range to application settings.
6. Reboot after any changes and see if you can fix igdkmd64.sys blue screen of death error.
Method 4 – Make sure Windows is up to date
1.Press Windows Key + I to open Windows Settings then select Update and security.
2. Next, under Update Status, click ‘ Search for updates. ‘
3. If updates are found, make sure to install them.
4. Finally, reboot your system to save the changes.
This method can fix igdkmd64.sys blue screen of death error because when Windows is updated, all the drivers are also updated, which seems to fix the problem in this particular case.
Method 5 – Disable Intel Integrated GPU
Note: This method only applies to users who have a discrete graphics card like NVIDIA, AMD, etc.
1.Press Windows Key + R then type » devmgmt.msc » (without quotes) and press enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand display adapters, then right click on Intel(R) HD Graphics and select Deactivate.
3. Reboot your PC to save changes and your system will automatically switch to your discrete graphics card to display, which will definitely fix this issue.
That’s all there is solved successfully igdkmd64.sys Blue Screen of Death Error, but if you still have any questions regarding this post then feel free to ask in the comment section.