League of Legends, like any other computer game, is not bug-free. It has a particularly nasty bug called the RADS bug.
RADS errors are some of the most common errors that affect League of Legends. They prevent the user from connecting to LoL servers. The full RADS error message is generally the following: Could not connect to the HTTP server. Check your internet connection and that the firewall is not blocking access.
In this article, we have covered different ways to fix League of Legends RADS error on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
How to fix Rads error in League of Legends
Here are the methods;
Method 1: Run the League of Legends patch with administrator privileges
According to many gamers, the easiest way to fix the RADS error is to run LoL Patch as an administrator. This is really simple, and you can do it by following the given steps:
- Go to the League of Legend installation directory.
- Locate the LoL Patcher file, right click on it and Run it as administrator.
After doing this, the LoL Patcher will start and the RADS will be repaired. This may not be a permanent solution, but if the RADS error appears again, you can repeat these steps.
Method 2: Include LoL in your exceptions list
Many times a RADS error can appear due to certain problems with the Windows firewall . The Windows firewall could block League of Legends from accessing the Internet, which can cause that problem to appear. To fix this problem, you must change the firewall settings by doing the following:
1. Go to the search bar; Write Windows Firewall; Click Allow an app or feature through the Windows Firewall button.
2. Include lol.launcher.exe in your firewall’s exception list.
3. Start the game.
Check if the RADS error is fixed.
Method 3: Change your DNS
The DNS configuration it can also cause a RADS error in League of Legends. However, many gamers reported that they fixed the problem simply by switching to Google’s DNS. This is very simple, and you can do it by following the given steps:
1. Locate in the Control Panel; Network and internet tab; Network and Sharing Center tab; Change the adapter setting.
2. Right click on Wifi / Ethernet; Select Properties
3. Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) ; Locate properties.
4. Open the option Use the following DNS server addresses;
Select the preferred DNS server like: 126.96.36.199,
Alternative DNS server like: 188.8.131.52.
5. Select OK; Close all; Click League of Legends.
This method worked for almost 50% of users who faced RADS problem in LoL.
Method 4: Adjust file hosts
Many times the host file can cause League of Legends RADS error to occur. To fix this problem, you need to manually make certain changes to your host file. We have to clarify that this is a system file in Drive C.
Certain players reported the access denied message while trying to make changes to the host file, it’s just a matter of gaining privileges. To fix this RADS error, you need to edit the host file by following the given steps:
1. Locate: C: Windows System32 drivers etc.
2. Go to the host of the file; Open it using Notepad; Include this line at the bottom: 184.108.40.206 l3cdn.riotgames.com; Now save it;
3. Restarting the game will fix the RADS error.
Method 5: Change the system.cfg file
According to many gamers, you may be able to fix League of Legends RADS error by making some changes to the system.cfg file. To achieve that, you must follow these simple steps:
1. Locate C: Riot Games League of Legends RADS system.
2. Now go to the file system.cfg, right click on it and select the Open with button; Pad.
3. Once you open the file, delete everything and paste the following lines:
Download Path = / releases / live
Download URL = l3cdn.riotgames.com
Region = EUW
6. Save the changes made in Notepad.
After doing that, run the Patcher again and the problem should be resolved.
Method 6: Check your antivirus
A general cause of the LOL RADS error can be its antivirus or firewall . If you cannot start the game due to this error, it is very likely that a third-party application is interfering with the game.
To fix this problem, it is recommended to check your antivirus settings and try to disable certain features, such as your firewall. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to totally disable your antivirus software and see if that helps.
In the worst case, you may need to completely uninstall your antivirus. When uninstalling the antivirus solves the problem, you might consider switching to a third-party antivirus. There are many good antivirus tools on the market today, and if you are looking for antivirus that won’t interfere with your gaming sessions, we suggest you use Bitdefender.
Method 7: Reinstall the game
If the RADS error keeps appearing, your only option may be to reinstall the game. There are several ways to uninstall League of Legends, but the best way might be to use uninstaller software. In case you are not familiar with it, the uninstaller software is special application software that can completely remove any application from your personal computer. These apps are amazing if you want to remove or completely remove certain software and its data from your PC.
We hope that following these methods will help you resolve the RADS error so that you can play League of Legends again. As they can be annoying errors, there are always ways to fix them, especially with the Windows platform that offers various third-party tools and applications.