MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION blue screen error has error code 0x0000009C . This error occurs when upgrading Windows 10, playing games, and other conditions. Follow the solutions below to fix it so that Windows 10 can run smoothly.
Solution 1 – Enter Safe Mode
If the Check Machine Exception BSOD appears in a loop when you restart your computer, you can’t do anything because you can’t log in to the desktop. then maybe you should enter safe mode .
In the safe mode, you can do something to rescue your system.
Solution 2: Start Repair the machine Check the BSOD exception
The Startup Repair way can fix MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error by recovering all corrupted system files, missing/incompatible driver files, corrupted boot configuration settings, corrupted registry settings, etc. And the following steps are how to use it.
1. Restart your computer two or three times until it shows auto repair .
2. Choose advanced options .
3. In the advanced options, choose startup repair .
4. After that, Windows 10 will diagnose the problem.
5. If Startup Repair detects any kind of problem, it will automatically try to fix it and then restart your computer and boot normally.
If Startup Repair cannot work, you should create a bootable USB device and configure boot from USB devices in the BIOS to use the startup repair feature.
Solution 3 – Update your hardware device drivers
The MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD can be caused by incompatible or malfunctioning hardware drivers, so you can try to fix it by updating your drivers. And someone reported that this only happens when playing games, so you need to update your graphics driver.
To update the drivers to the latest version, you can go to office desktop or laptop site to find the drivers and download them one by one, then install them to update. Because you need to update all the drivers, it will take time.
Of course, if you don’t have it right, you can try using Driver Booster to help you out. This will be an easier and faster way.
driver booster It will help you download and update all drivers with three steps. It will scan all your hardware device drivers, tell you how many drivers are missing and out of date, and then find the latest drivers for them.
1. can download driver booster install and run it on your Windows 10 system.
2. Click Scan . After that, Driver Booster will scan all the devices and find the faulty, missing and outdated drivers.
3. Click Update now . Select all drivers and update them with one click.
Solution 4: Fix the blue screen of death error
When the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION occurs, you can try to fix it using the Windows built-in desktop app BSOD troubleshooter to fix it.
1. Write solver from problems in the search box to enter the troubleshooting center.
2. Scroll down the vertical scroll bar to find the blue screen.
3. Click to choose Run TroubleShooter .
After that, Windows will detect the blue screen error that will cause Windows stop or restart issues and then fix it automatically.
Solution 5: Disable Overclock
Sometimes, to get the high performance of the game, you set overclocking for your GPU. It can cause BSOD machine check exception when playing games. So disabling overclock is necessary.
1. Restart your computer and press F2 or THE to enter BIOS setup.
2. Use the arrow pad to locate on the tab Advanced .
3. Find the Performance > Overclock .
4. then disable it .
5. Save the settings and press F10 then click Yes to save these changes.
Solution 6: Update the BIOS to the latest version
The BIOS not only helps to run the system, but also maintains the security of the system. If your BIOS is an older version, it can cause the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION blue screen of death.
Should go to the download center of the computer manufacturer’s website to find out the BIOS download package, download and update it manually.
Solution 7: Check hardware devices
Many hardware devices will cause this error such as RAM, hard drive, power supply. Running SFC and DISM to check system and hard drive error. Using Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to test RAM.
Therefore, you should turn off everything that is not necessary to run the system. And see if the computer still freezes, if it does, there is one or more bad components. Change the error hardware to fix the MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error.