Print Management is a Windows desktop application for managing printer print tasks and scanner scan tasks. This can help you manage all printers, such as uninstall and reinstall driver, add network printers and scanners.
So this article talks about print management. It will show you how to navigate to print management and what to do when it is missing in Windows 10.
2 ways to open Print Management in Windows 10, 8, 7
There are mainly two simple ways to help you activate print management; if you need it to manage printing, just refer to the steps below.
Way 1: Open Print Management from the search box
In writing print management in the search box, the result will appear at the top. Select this application to enter it directly.
This is the easiest and fastest way to enter.
Way 2: Open Print Management from Control Panel
1. Right-click on this pc > Properties to enter system setup.
2. Choose Dashboard Home from the left side of system settings. The control panel can adjust all the settings of the computer.
3. On the control panel, choose Management tools .
4. Look for the shortcut of print management under Administrative Tools.
So these two ways can open print management easily.
But there is a problem that after opening the administrative tool, it cannot find the print management.
Fix missing print management in Windows 10 administrative tools
When you can’t find print management in administrative tools in Windows 8, 8.1, or 10, you first need to determine which Windows system you’re using. Should know what no print management or printmanagement.msc in Windows Home edition not to mention print job management in it.
But if you cannot locate print management in administrative tools even in other editions of Windows systems, maybe it is the spooler file, spooler service error or printer driver problem.
Solution 1: Clean the spool printer files
First of all, you need to stop the printing related service – Spool Printer and then determine to delete all its files in case there is any damage. That may help to fix print management not found issue in Windows 10.
1. Write services in the search box and choose the Services desktop app to open it.
Of course, you can also open it in the Management tools .
2. In the Services window, find the print spooler .
3. Right click to choose Stop or in the Properties to choose to stop the service.
4. Follow this path: C: > Windows > System32 > spool > printers .
5. In this folder, delete all files .
After that, try to make Windows 10 automatically open Printer Spool.
Solution 2 – Set the roll printer to automatic
Enter the services again and right-click on Printer Spooler to choose Properties . Make sure the status of the type is Automatic and run it.
Once you allow Spool Printer to be automatic, in a broad sense, printmanagement.msc which missing in Windows 10 will not appear.
Solution 3: Update the printer driver
Whatever printer you are using, Brother printer, HP printer, Epson printer or anything else, on any error that occurs in the printer, you cannot find the print management in the administrative tools or the printer offline status making sure the printer driver is up-to-date as necessary.
Here, if you don’t have or have computer skills to download and install the printer driver by yourself from the official site, it is recommended that you turn to driver booster to get professional help. Like the top driver tool. Driver Booster is able to update all drivers automatically and backup old printer driver. It is not worth Driver Booster to be able to find the faulty driver even if it is up to date.
1. Download install and run Driver Booster on Windows 10.
2. Click Scan on the interface of Driver Booster for you to find the missing, corrupt and faulty drivers.
3. Then locate Print spooler and update the printer driver with Driver Booster.
Then Driver Booster will automatically install it too. With the updated printer driver, you can see if the printer problem has been resolved successfully. In some situations, the printer driver is not available can also be fixed here.
So this can help you learn how to open print management and solve the print queue cannot run issue effectively.
How to add a printer to PC in Windows 10?
How to fix printer not working in Windows 10?
2 Ways to Download HP Printer Drivers for Windows 10