When your computer encounters blue screen of death problem suddenly and follows you appearing the error: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) you can fix it in the following ways.
Solution 1 – Update the graphics driver
Your graphics card driver can cause this Video TDR failure error. So if it happens, it means your graphics card is unresponsive or malfunctioning. You can update the graphics driver to fix it.
After the Windows system collects the information, it will restart your computer. Can enter safe mode to update the graphics driver.
In safe mode, you can do these things.
1. Open device manager.
2. Expand the Display adapters and search for NVIDIA graphics adapter.
3. Right-click and select update driver .
4. Choose Automatically search for updated driver software .
Windows 10 will search for the latest version of NVIDIA drivers for you and install it automatically.
5. restart the computer .
This is the easiest way. Some people will solve the problem this way. If you can’t help, try the following methods.
Solution 2 – Completely uninstall the graphics driver and reinstall it
Due to the driver error, you can delete the driver files and reinstall the driver. The following are the steps you can follow.
Uninstall graphics drivers
To neatly uninstall the graphics driver, you can use DDU which most people will choose: use Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the graphic driver .
You can download it from here . After that, install and launch it on your Windows 10 system.
choose Safe mode (Recommended) and reboot into safe mode to enter this program.
Then your computer will run in safe mode and DDU will launch automatically.
In the DDU interface, you will see the graphics card model. Under normal conditions, it will detect your chart type. If you have two graphics cards, choose the graphic yourself . And then select Clean and restart (Highly recommended) .
Now you can reinstall graphics driver in Windows 10.
Reinstall video drivers
Option 1: To install a clean video driver, go to the NVIDIA Download Center to download and install it manually .
Option 2: you can also use driver booster to help you download and update NVIDIA driver automatically .
After installing and running this software on Windows 10, you can update the video driver in 4 steps.
1. Scan . It will scan all your computer hardware including graphics card and driver information. Its goal is to tell you how many drivers need to be updated.
2. Click To update . Look for the Display adapters select the graphics driver you want to update, and then click To update .
Now the Video_TDR_Failure (nvlddmkm.sys) blue screen of death error will be fixed and will not appear again.
Solution 3 – Change the power saving mode
Some people may find that after doing a clean install of the graphics driver, the nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error temporarily disappears, but the next time, it shows up again. For you to do one more thing, try to change the power saving mode of the wireless adapter.
1. Open the symbol of the system with the administrator .
2. Write powercfg -h off at the command prompt and then press Get in . Close this window.
3. Right-click on the start menu and choose Energy options .
4. Click Additional Power Settings .
5. In the power plans window , you will see the power plan you are using. And click Change settings of the plan for the plan.
6. Select Change advanced power settings .
7. In the advanced settings, find the NVIDIA adapter configuration wave intel adapter configuration . Expand and then Power saving mode is displayed.
Set up at element of the battery What maximum energy saving .
set the element plugged in What peak performance .
Then click Apply and To accept .
Solution 4 – Remove conflicting drivers or programs
If you find this error occurs after updating one or more device drivers to the latest version, you can try uninstalling the conflicting driver or entering device manager to roll back to the previous version. And sometimes the wireless adapter driver may conflict with the graphics card driver, so try disabling or uninstalling it to see if nvlddmkm.sys BSOD remains.
And if you installed some programs causes this error, please go to control panel > Programs and Features to uninstall them one by one.
Solution 5 – Check for Windows updates
When the blue screen of death appears, you can try to check for Windows Updates, which can update all service packs, hardware drivers and fix bugs for the previous version of the system.
1. Click Start menu > Setting > Update and security to enter Windows update.
2. In Windows update, click Search for updates . Windows 10 will check for the new update automatically. If there is a new version or new files, Windows 10 will download and install them one by one.
3. restart the computer .
Now you can choose one of the above five solutions to help you fix your tdr video failure blue screen of death in Windows 10.