You probably have an application of Xbox game bar installed on your PC if you are a game lover. People love to record their game to record their favorite moments, the best game, the funny moments or to show their skills in the particular game. That is why Microsoft recognized the need to include a game dvr to allow the public to record their game for their own purposes. But as we all know with great features, big bugs are coming too and unfortunately here too Windows 10 users report a bug saying » There is nothing to record »Or» Can’t record now “, it which is quite annoying.
This bug does not allow users to record the video in the game and use the DVR recording function. However, there is nothing to worry about as we are here to fix the Xbox error ” There is nothing to record. Play some more and try again later «.
Different addressing error messages “There is nothing to record” game dvr bug
There are several error messages that do not allow players to record their game:
- There is nothing to record.
- There is nothing to record. Play some more and try again.
- It cannot be recorded at this time. Please try again later.
- There is nothing to record the Xbox app.
How to fix the Windows 10 Xbox game bar problem “There is nothing to record”
East no it is a dangerous problem that will end up blocking your PC or games, so don’t worry, if you can’t solve the problem
Solution 1: Update your Xbox app
The update or reinstallation of Xbox game bar software might fix your problem where you can’t record your game. The process can be helpful in restore the primary files necessary for the correct operation of the application. App update fix bugs, improve reliability and replace the corrupted files with the new ones.
Solution 2: Update/reinstall the graphics drivers
This problem is closely related to gaming software and could be due to outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. Updating the graphics drivers can fix this problem because the drivers are what interconnect the hardware and software and the problem of “Can’t record” may settle easily using a updated set of drivers . Even if the updates are available you can always make a reinstatement or roll of return to ensure the correct functioning of the conductors. To reinstall the drivers:
- Press Win + R to start the window execution and in the text area write » devmgmt.msc »To start Device Manager window.
- In the left pane of the Administrator from devices , find the section Display adapters and expand it to find the controller its Graphic card. Right click about it and choose Uninstall .
- If prompted, select not to remove the driver software for this device.
- after one uninstall adequate, reboot your PC and download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s site and reinstall them on your System.
This approach will solve the problem » There is nothing to register «.
Solution 3: Delete your temporary files
Temporary files are junk files that can create problems related to the storage and generate errors What ” There is nothing to register «. That medium temporary files tend to interfere at third – holiday software performance and operations . Remove temporary files fixes the problem as reported by certain users. To delete these files permanently , follow a simple sequence below:
- Press the Windows + R keys together to start the Run application.
- In the text field Run , scribe ” % temp% «.
- This will open a window containing all the contents inside from the user’s Temp folder .
- Select all folders by pressing the Ctrl + A keys together.
- Finally, press Shift + Del to permanently delete these files and folders.
The process is too easy and convenient, so you always have to try.
Solution 4: Test Windows shortcut Key + G repeatedly
Windows Key + G shortcut is used to launch Game Bar and start recording. Since you are receiving a message saying “ There is nothing that Record” error message, some customers reported multiple times to repeatedly press Windows key + G . Pressing this key combination multiple times sometimes fixes the problem, so be sure to give it a try.
Solution 5: Use Windows key + Alt + R shortcut
An alternative to the Windows Key + G shortcut is Windows Key + Alt + R. If Windows + G combined is not working well then you should try another combination of keys from Windows key + Alt + R as a substitute for Windows + G . Remember that the Windows Key + Alt + R shortcut logs only for 30 seconds.
But in case this works for you, you can always go to the settings to change the time by navigating to the game bar and then to Setting .
Solution 6: Use the troubleshooter
As you probably know, XBOX is a Microsoft product, therefore it is available in the app store and is not considered by Windows as third-party software. Therefore, Windows Troubleshooter can always be used to address XBOX Game Bar app related issues.
- Press the Windows keys + S and in the Cortana search bar scribe ” solve problems «. Please select Solve problems from the search results.
- Now discover the Applications of the Windows Store from the list, click it and tap Run the troubleshooter .
- Follow the instructions on the screen to overcome this problem.
The success rate of troubleshooting via Windows built-in troubleshooter is pretty good and you never know, you might be lucky enough to address Windows Game DVR error » There is nothing that to register”.
Possible solutions are discussed to address “there is nothing to record” that cannot record the problem. If the problem persists, a little more effort can be done by downloading third-party software such as MSI Afterburner and Nvidia ShadowPlay. If you’re still not satisfied, a clean installation of Windows might fix it all.
You can always leave a comment in the comment section for more solutions to problems like this.