Some people may encounter the problem that the sound output from the speaker or headphone is too low, even if you adjust the volume of the computer to 100% maximum, the sound still remains mute.
This sound volume issue may occur after upgrading to Windows 10 or using the microphone in Skype or enjoying YouTube videos.
Solution 1: Check the speaker or microphone volume control
Why is my volume so low? Maybe you didn’t turn up the speaker or microphone volume enough.
So at first, you need to unplug the microphone or speaker, and then plug it back in Windows 10. If you use the front connector before, you can connect your audio devices with the back connector.
Then check the audio button on your speaker or microphone to set the volume to maximum.
Solution 2: Check All Volume Mixer
Sometimes, if you find the sound of music or YouTube video is really quiet, and even if you adjust the volume of the video to the maximum value, it increases a little. So you need to check all the volume settings.
1. Right click on the sound icon and choose open volume mixer .
2. Reset the Volume Mixer. Make sure all volume items are set correctly.
If this is normal, you can look for other solutions.
Solution 3 – Enable volume equalization
Enabling volume equalization can help you solve the Windows 10 volume too low issue. It will customize the sound volume and make the music or video easy to hear while the sound is less deafening. And you can follow the steps below to enable volume equalization.
1. Click on the sound icon and set the volume to maximum. This will cause the computer’s sound feature to keep opening.
2. Right click on the sound icon on the taskbar and select Playback Devices .
3. Choose the default playback device and then click Properties .
4. Go to improvements and check the box next to volume equalization .
Save all changes and test the sound to see if the music, video or online video sound is still low.
Solution 4 – Update your audio drivers
When you upgrade the system from Windows 7 to Windows 10, most devices work fine, but the sound is very quiet. Therefore, trying to update the audio driver may solve the problem.
Most of the users are using Realtek HD Audio device. Of course someone can use IDT HD audio device, the Conexant audio device Y the VIA audio device . There are several ways to update the drivers for your audio device.
1. You can enter the device manager to uninstall the audio devices from Controllers from sound, video and games for uninstall the audio driver you need to restart the computer.
2. Download the latest version of audio drivers from the official site.
3. Follow the steps to install the audio drivers. Then restart the computer.
If you are having trouble finding audio drivers manually, you can use Driver Booster to help you update your audio driver.
driver booster , an automatic driver download and update tool, can help users get the latest graphics driver, audio driver, USB driver, mouse driver, etc. with a single click. And as the best driver scanner, it can detect the oldest and missing drivers for your computer.
one. Download install and run Driver Booster on Windows 10.
2. Click Scan .
3. Click Update . Look for the video, sound and game controllers and then select the audio device to update it .
4. After that, please restart your computer for it to take effect.
You can then test whether the sound from the speaker or microphone is amplified by playing a YouTube video or audio.
Solution 5: Run the Audio Playback Troubleshooter
As a built-in tool from Microsoft, Play Audio Troubleshooter can detect why your computer’s volume is low and then fix it automatically.
1. Write setting in the search box to open Windows settings.
2. Click Update and security .
3. On the tab Solve problems look for the option play audio and click Run the troubleshooter .
4. In the device window, choose the low volume device and click Following .
5. After that, Microsoft will start to detect the problem and fix it automatically.
6. In the end, it can remind you to open the audio enhancements to configure something. You can disable all enhancements to improve sound quality.
Solution 6 – Adjust the microphone levels
If your microphone volume is too low, in addition to the solutions above, you may be able to try adjusting your microphone levels settings.
1. Right-click on the sound icon and choose the recording devices .
2. Find the microphone, right click to select Properties .
3. In the tab of levels look for the microphone option and set it to at least 75 . And change the option to mic boost minimum to +20.0dB .
I wish this article can help you to solve silent audio sound problem easily and quickly in Windows 10, and these solutions also applied to Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP.