If you are a gamer then you are probably familiar with Discord. It is an application of Voip free that is used primarily in gaming communities. You can use Discord to participate in text, video, image, and audio communications that can be used in a chat channel. Discord is available on almost every platform, including Windows, which makes it highly desirable.
However, some users report having issues like Discord won’t open or show a gray screen and won’t open, among other things. If you are one of those users who cannot open Discord, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we will delve into this issue followed by methods on how to fix Discord opening issue.
How to fix Discord won’t open
Discord shows problems for Windows version sometimes. You try to open it and it won’t open. The screen remains as is or a blank screen appears. Sometimes you may find that Discord won’t open even when you restart your system and reinstall the app. However, fear not, as there are several ways to fix the discord that will not open up.
Let’s take a look at them!
1. Repair corrupt system files
Sometimes the presence of corrupt system files can cause problems like these. Therefore, it is always advisable to get a tool or application that can repair the corrupt files for you. You can also fix it manually, but you could risk further damage if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Get a free repair tool like Reimage Plus, from here .
- The software is self explanatory, so use it for scan your Pc and repair corrupt files.
- Once you do that, the problem should fixed and Discord should run as usual.
2. Kill the task from Task Manager
Sometimes when you run the app it might start, but it only runs in the background so you might not see it running. Let’s fix this:
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Under ProcessTab, look for discord.exe
- Click on it and select End Task
- You can also find other discord.exe applications in the Processes list. Close all of them.
Now, restart the Discord app. It should work perfectly now!
3. Kill the task using the command prompt
The Task Manager method might not work for some users. That is why you can end the process using the command prompt. This is how you do it:
- Press the windows key + R
- Writes cmd and press Enter
- In the window of the symbol of the system , type the following and press Enter:
taskkill / F / IM discord.exe
Once the app discord, run the app and Discord it should work perfectly now.
4. Use the web version by Discord
You can switch to the web version of discord and use it instead of the app. It works just as well and is known to fix the problem for many users. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go to the website of Discord .
- Click on Log in
- Please enter your credentials and log into the app
- Now open the app Discord
5. Delete the AppData and local AppData
If you delete AppData, the problem can be fixed and the Discord app will run without a problem. To do this, follow these:
- Press Windows key + R
- Type% appdata% and click OK to enter.
- Locate the Discord folder
- Delete it
Once you delete the folder, close and run the Discord app again. It should start working perfectly. That’s it!
6. Disable the Proxy, if any.
Proxy is a feature that allows you to browse the web from different locations. A proxy can show problems at times. Because if the proxy server is not responding, you will not be able to connect to Discord. For disable proxy, follow the steps below:
- In the search bar, type Control Panel and open it.
- Browse Network and Internet
- Click on Internet Options.
- On the Connections tab, press LAN Settings
- Make sure Use proxy server for your LAN (this setting will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) is not checked
- Click Automatically detect settings
Once you do that, run the Discord app. It should work perfectly now.
If none of these work, make sure the Discord app and Windows are up to date with the latest version. After that, reinstall Discord. If it didn’t work before, the Discord app should work now.
Read also: Fix Discord Mic Not Working Problem
We hope that by reading this article, you were able to get an idea on how to fix the problem of Discord won’t open for Windows. Discord It is a great application for in-game communication and we recommend using it. If you have more Doubts About the content of the item or the methods described above, you can comment below and we will do our best to answer him with a answer relevant .