Hi all! This is a fresh piece of gaming industry news from the past week. And here, you will find some trailers and games coming out next week.
All week, bit by bit, rumors of a new Assassin’s Creed have appeared on the net. Finally, Ubisoft gave in and made an official confirmation: yes, they are making a new game in the series called Assassin’s Creed Mirage. The company will share details on September 10 at the Ubisoft Forward show.
Well, here’s what different insiders found out:
- The game will take place in Baghdad between 860 and 870.
The main character will be Basim from Valhalla – the master of the Unseen (the first official incarnation of the Brotherhood of Assassins).
- The developers are inspired by the first parts of Assassin’s Creed, so the gameplay should return to its roots.
- Consequently, eagle vision may return to the game, and most of the leveling RPG elements will disappear.
- Mirage was originally an add-on for Valhalla, but even as a standalone game, it won’t be as big as previous titles in the series.
The release may take place between April and June 2023, but for now, we just wait until September 10 to find out if the rumors are confirmed.
Stick it to the insect
Devolver Digital mainly publishes indie projects, but it’s something unusual each time. This week the studio promised a new announcement, and it happened: Stick it to the Stickman. This is a bagel where you must climb the career ladder through scuffle. Along the way, you will level up and see new enemies and locations. If you drew rooms in which stick men fight in notebooks in school days, you should come in. Stick It to the Stickman is slated for a 2023 release on PC.
The Chinese giant NetEase finally buys the French Quantic Dream – the authors of Detroit: Become Human and Heavy Rain. In 2019, NetEase acquired only a stake in QD, and now it is buying out everything else. The head of the Chinese company said that Quantic Dream would continue to work independently, and the head of Quantic Dream, David Cage, stressed that NetEase values creative freedom. Now the French are making Star Wars Eclipse, about which, unfortunately, there is almost no information.
Some news in one line. They are exciting but short:
- The new Mafia is officially in development, but it won’t be released soon – and no more details are available. According to insiders, this could be a prequel about a young Don Salieri.
- The head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, once again assured that if the takeover of Activision Blizzard takes place, then Call of Duty will be released on the PlayStation for a long time and will also fall into the Game Pass along with Overwatch and Diablo.
- Valve again assures that it is working on several games at once and wants to develop the Half-Life franchise.
- On September 6, CD Projekt RED will talk about the future of Cyberpunk 2077.
- You won’t be able to play Quidditch at Hogwarts Legacy, but you will be allowed to fly on a broomstick.
- Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened will release in February 2023.
- Strategy Victoria 3 comes out on October 25th.
What have they shown?
Combat gameplay of God of War: Ragnarök by Game Informer:
18 minutes of New Tales from the Borderlands gameplay:
5 minutes of Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn gameplay:
Gameplay Homeworld 3:
Sonic Frontiers Preview Trailer:
Trailer Men of War II:
What to play?
Gloomwood (PC Early Access) is an immersive stealth horror shooter in a dark gothic setting. You have a city at your disposal that you can freely explore. But be extremely careful because it is filled with aggressive creatures ready to kill you. The blessing in your arsenal is not only weapons but also a variety of tools that will help you go unnoticed and deadly.
TRAIL OUT (PC) – FlatOut fans just decided to make a similar game and got TRAIL OUT. Fast-paced and frantic arcade racing with destructibility and windshield ejection competition. All in the name of fun!
Steelrising (PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X) is an alternate history of France where King Louis XVI seized power with automatons. You play as Aegis, a mechanical girl who has to protect France and defeat the madman. In terms of gameplay, this is a Dark Souls-style game where you must attack and dodge at the right time. In the process, you will be able to unlock new abilities and skills for the Aegis.
9th of September
Splatoon 3 (Switch) is the third part of a bright shooter where you have to fill the enemy with paint. You are waiting for new locations, maps, guns, and even a story mode.
That’s all, see you next week!