A backup full of the system image allows you to back up all your Windows data and restore it when needed. This method also works wonders when your internal hard drive is dead.
So if you’re wondering how to create a copy from windows image security complete first. We have your back. Let’s get started with this blog post and learn how to create a Windows 10 image backup.
Create system image backup in Windows 10
The process as explained below is one of the easiest methods to create a Windows 10 system image backup . So let’s try it.
- First, right click on the button Start to open the Quick Access menu.
- Go to Control Panel and select Backup and restoration.
- Then choose the option to create a system image .
- Windows will scan your computer for backup devices .
- You can back up to a device external either Windows Home Network .
- The latest backup mode (NAS either Windows Home Server ) requires some extra exquisite steps. Therefore, we recommend using an external backup device.
Windows 10 system backup
In Windows 10, there are several ways to create a system backup . You can manually copy all files or create a system backup image . This backup image is a snapshot of your system data.
Difference Between Image Backup and File Backup
Image backup is a snapshot of all your data, including partitions and boot sectors. Create a backup of all programs, settings and much more. In addition to file backup, it backs up all your data files.
A file backup can be considered as the most important form of backup. As we already know that we can reinstall the apps and programs but not the photos or business records.
How to restore a system image backup in Windows?
Once you know how to create a system image backup, you should also know about the restore process. A image backup saves the hassle of reinstalling everything.
So let’s take a look at the steps below and learn how to restore a system image backup in Windows. Let us begin.
- First of all, connect the backup drive to your computer system.
- Connect the bootable disk or USB (containing system repair files) to your PC.
- Reboot your system.
- Now on the page windows settings click on “Following”.
- In the bottom left corner, tap Repair the Link from your computer .
- Choose the option Solve problems .
- Choose the option Advanced .
- I touched System Image Recovery .
- Choose Windows 10 as the target operating system.
- In the page Reimage your computer choose the option Use the latest system image available.
- touch the button Following .
- In case you go to restore a full backup you can choose carefully Format and repeat discs .
- touch the button Following .
- Choose Finish.
- touch Yes.
Once all the above steps have been completed, the recovery process will begin. The time that the whole procedure takes depends on the size of the backup. Make sure that there are no interruptions while the system is being restored.
Computers are prone to sudden errors or mishaps of any kind. Therefore, creating a system backup from time to time is a good practice to follow. We should always keep a backup of our data in any form.
In this way, you will never lose all your important data in one go. In this article, we try to explain creating and restoring system image backups as simply as possible.