Widgets in Windows 11 have replaced the “live tiles” that appeared in Windows 8 and did not disappear in Windows 10. But not everyone likes the innovation – the widget button takes up space on the taskbar and gets in the way of important icons. Fortunately, removing the widget button is quite simple. There are two ways at once.
How to disable widgets directly from the desktop
- Right-click on the widgets button.
- Select the “Unpin from taskbar” option.
How to disable widgets through “Settings”
- Right-click on “Start” and select “Settings”.
- Go to the Personalization section.
- In the left pane, select “Control Panel”, and on the right, move the “Show Widget button” toggle switch to the left.