Epson error code 0x97 is something that appears on Epson printers after a long period of use. Occurs by displaying a prompt to restart the printer multiple times. Usually you will run into this problem when you print. Unfortunately, you cannot print anything unless this error is resolved.
But do not worry. We have some methods that can help you if this particular error appears.
What Causes Epson Error Code 0x97?
This error is a warning when an internal hardware component is not working as it should. It may come out of nowhere and has been known to happen on Epson models wf-3620, wf-4630, wf-3640, and 7610. There is a possibility that the motherboard will be damaged and need to be replaced. Truth be told, there’s not much you can do if a hardware component fails. But you can still try these troubleshooting tips to make sure, and hopefully your printer should start working again.
How can you fix the Epson error 0x97?
These steps are the best ways to repair your printer yourself. Consulting your printer’s manual is a good idea when you want to fix the error yourself.
1. Unplug and plug in your printer
- Step 1: You will need to turn off your printer and disconnect all cables.
- Step 2: You should also remove the printer casing to see if there is any debris lodged there. Clean it up if you can find any.
- Step 3: remove all ink cartridges.
- Step 4: Once all that is done, press the power button and hold it for a few seconds. This discharges any residual energy into the machine.
- Step 4: Replace the ink cartridges.
- Step 5: Reconnect all the cables you removed earlier. Turn the printer back on and see if the error persists.
2. Alternative way to unplug and plug in your printer
If the first method didn’t work for you, try this one and see if it works. This is an opposite way of doing things compared to the first method.
- Step 1: Turn off the printer and disconnect the power and USB cables. Wait approximately five minutes for the printer to cool down.
- Step 2: Now press the power button and hold it there for more than sixty seconds, but don’t leave it until step 3 is completed.
- Step 3: Plug in the power cord (while still pressing the power button) and hold it there for another sixty seconds. Plug everything back in and turn it on to see if the error is already resolved.
3. Use the troubleshooter
Microsoft has a Windows Printer Troubleshooter that is available to the public. May download it and run as administrator to troubleshoot common printer problems.
4. Update the firmware
If you visit Epson’s support page, they will help you update your printer’s firmware. You just have to download the file and run it. Apparently this has fixed a bunch of printers.
5. Clean the printer nozzles
This method can be a bit risky and requires technical knowledge. You should probably have your manual with you at this point.
Sometimes wasting ink around the printhead nozzle can cause Epson error code 0x97. You will need a paper towel and an ammonia based agent to clean this up. To do this as safely as possible, please read the instructions below.
- Step 1: Turn off and disconnect all cables from the printer.
- Step 2: Open the printer case and move the head to the center.
- Step 3: Moisten the paper towel with the cleaning agent and fold it so that it is under the printer.
- Step 4: Leave it there for 12 hours and then remove the towel and close the printer.
- Step 5: reconnect everything and turn it on to see if it still prints without error
6. Call support
If everything up to this point hasn’t worked out, now is the time to call in the experts. Your printer probably needs a hardware replacement. In most cases, the motherboard is the culprit. If you still have your warranty, your printer will be replaced in weeks. If you don’t, you may need to spend a little cash for repairs or get a whole new printer.
Customer service No. 1800 425 0011. You can get more information here .
There you go. Here are the six methods you can try to fix Epson error code 0x97. Epson really does provide excellent hardware, but they can get into trouble sometimes. Hopefully you were able to find the solution for your error. If you have questions about any of the steps above, let us know in the comments. We will be happy to clarify it.