From today, May 26, users of social networks Instagram and Facebook can hide the number of likes under the posts. This feature results from long-term testing launched back in 2019, during which developers of popular social networks found out how important it is for users to know these numbers.
To disable the demonstration of the number of likes under their already published photos and videos, the user needs to:
- Open the application and select the desired publication;
- Click on the “…” button in the upper right corner of the application;
- Select “Hide the number of likes” from the drop-down menu.
If the user publishes something new and wants the counter of likes for this publication to turn off immediately, it is necessary:
- At the third step (after adding filters to the description menu), select “Advanced settings” (in small print at the bottom of the interface);
- Activate the switch “Hide the number of likes and views in this post.”
If the user does not want to see likes and the number of views in the application, this can also be turned off. For this, it is enough:
- Open the “Settings” menu;
- Go to the item “Confidentiality”;
- Select the item “Publications”;
- Activate the “Hide Like and View Counts” switch.
Now the user will not see the likes counter in the feed, even for other people’s posts, but all other users, of course, will see them.