Snapchat was developed by Snap Inc. and released on July 8, 2011. It is a mobile multimedia application for Android and iOS used for sharing text, photos, and videos.
Snapchat is giving today’s teens what they want: an easy way to share every meaningful moment in life with their family and friends, while making them look awesome with lots of creative filters.
Snapchat for PC It is free to download, the feature that makes Snapchat different from other media apps is that the message disappears from the receiver in a short period of time.
There are many features of Snapchat, and they are continually increasing day by day and making Snapchat more exciting. Some of the Snapchat features are mentioned below.
- Chat: Snapchat allows its users to send each other text messages that disappear in a few seconds; you just need a username of the person you need to send.
- Filters: This feature overlays photos with different images or stickers. There are so many filters available on Snapchat that some of them are based on one’s location, they are called geofilters.
- Stories: This feature allows users to put their photos and short videos in the story to keep running their accounts. The story disappears over time, so people often check their friends’ story.
- Live Stories: Snapchat provides a platform for people to share their (live) stories. This is one of the main methods to view different content on Snapchat. Live stories give the person a brief insight into someone’s life.
- Memories: People use this feature to save their collection, including images and videos. Otherwise, other Snapchat content, including chat messages and discover.
- Snapcash: Snapchat offers its users to transfer money to each other through Snapcash like PayPal, Payoneer, and Venmo.
- Snap store: This feature is for those who like to shop for Snapchat related items.
- Snap Map: Snap Map helps you share your real-time location on a map with only your Snapchat friends.
- Shazam – This feature helps you identify any song you want. It would be better if you play that song, and Shazam will identify the song.
How to install Snapchat for Windows 10 PC
Officially there are methods for use snapchat on pc . Due to security issues, you cannot access this app online through any search engine, so the only way to use a mobile app on PC is by installing emulators.
Emulators are applications that allow our PC to install and run mobile applications. Emulators manage to create an interface, which makes the app recognize the emulator as a mobile device.
These apps are downloaded to your PC without any interference from third-party platforms, so there is nothing to worry about data.
Compared to other emulators, BlueStack is one of the most important and efficient ones to run Snapchat on your Windows PC. More details are given below to run Snapchat on Windows.
Step 1: First download the Android emulator from the BlueStack official page .
Step 2: Open the downloaded .exe file to open the installation window.
Step 3: Click » INSTALL NOW » to start the installation and wait for the emulator to install successfully.
Step 4: Once the installation is complete, click on the icon google play on the main page of the BlueStack emulator.
Step 5: Sign in your Gmail ID to access your Google Play through the emulator.
Step 6: Once you have access to the Google Play Store. Search for Snapchat in the top search bar.
Step 7 – Click the button “Install” .
The app will be installed in the Android virtual environment created by BlueStack.
Step 8 – Click “open” to launch Snapchat on the emulator once the installation is complete.
Step 9: Login/Sign up and enjoy the app on your Windows emulator.
NOTE: Commonly BlueStack crashes once or twice for each PC version. Restart the emulator, before you will not have any problem.
Today sharing photos and videos becomes the most common part of our life. It was started by some other popular apps where users share their photos and videos on a common platform.
Still, it is now a modern generation and the demand is increasing for more personalized apps with the same features that the game changed when Snapchat came to the digital world.
The app is more popular due to its privacy measures.
Now Snapchat is also available on Windows PCs so the demand is increasing and attracting people especially teenagers. More than 40% of the US population between the ages of 18 and 30 uses Snapchat.