After upgrading Windows 7, 8, 8.1 to Windows 10, all drivers will be updated to Windows 10 version. But there are some device drivers that will install error or you don’t have Windows 10 version driver. Then in device manager some drivers will show as exclamation due to unsupported driver.
And in some condition, your devices are very old or produced by OEM manufacturer, such as printers, these devices may not have released Windows 10 version driver. So you cannot find Windows 10 driver for this device.
So if your device doesn’t have a Windows 10 driver, how can you use it in Windows 10? How to get Windows 7 drivers to work on Windows 10? You can try to install a Windows 7, 8 drivers in compatibility mode in Windows 10. When you download the latest version of the driver, such as Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, please run this driver in compatibility mode on Windows 10 system.
How to install Windows 7, 8, 8.1 drivers on Windows 10?
In most cases, the old printer may not have Windows 10 drivers, you need to install compatible printer drivers in Windows 10. And here use Realtek USB card reader driver as an example to show how to install a Windows 7 driver , 8 in compatibility mode . This runs the drivers in compatible mode in Windows 10.
one. Download the latest version of Realtek USB memory card driver for Windows 8.1 64-bit . You can download it from the official Realtek site or the manufacturer’s driver download center.
2. Right-click on the driver file and select Fix compatibility issues .
It will start detecting problems with the card reader.
3. Choose Troubleshoot the program . This will help choose compatibility settings based on programs like incompatible drivers.
Four. Check two options :
the program worked on a previous version of Windows, but it won’t install or run now.
The program requires additional permissions.
5. Choose the driver version that works before . Here choose Windows 8.
6. Click test program .
7. It will install the driver in compatibility mode. Click the button Install to install it.
After that, the program will be installed step by step.
After installation is complete, click Finalize .
8. Click Following after installing the driver.
9. Troubleshooting is now complete. Choose the first option: Yes, save this setting for this program .
Then you have already installed the card reader driver in compatibility mode in Windows 10. And you can use the card reader to transfer files in Windows 10.