An ISO image of the new Windows 11 operating system has already been posted on the network, but, unfortunately, not everyone will be able to install it – the version for developers requires a hardware encryption module TPM 2.0, which not everyone has. But do not despair – you can try the new OS in a virtual machine, and it takes even less time than installing the system on your drive.
⚠️ Important: before installing all the necessary components, you need the boot Windows 11 (ISO) image. <- Download here!
How to install VirtualBox virtual machine
The installation process is quite simple:
- Go to VirtualBox official site;
- Click Download VirtualBoxox;
- Select the “Windows hosts” option;
- Wait for the application to load, then click on it;
- Go through the installation step.
How to create a virtual machine in VirtualBox
In order to install Windows 11 on a virtual machine, we first need to create it:
- Start the VirtualBox application;
- Click on the “Create” button;
- Specify the name of the virtual machine;
- Select the OS version “Windows 10 64-bit”;
- Specify the amount of RAM for this machine (you can leave the parameter unchanged);
- In the window for selecting the amount of memory, click “Create”;
- Select the VDI type (you can leave the parameter unchanged);
- Select “Dynamic virtual disk” and click on the “Next” button;
- In the window that opens, click “Next” again.
The virtual machine is now created and ready to install Windows 11.
How to install Windows 11 on VirtualBox
Installing Windows 11 on a virtual machine requires just a few clicks:
- Double-click on the icon of the created car in the left part of the application;
- In the window that appears, select the image that you downloaded in advance;
- Follow the path of installing Windows 11 (no different from installing Windows 10 – you need to select a language, region, sign in to your Microsoft account, and so on);
- After installation, wait a few minutes for the system to configure;
- You can use Windows 11 in a virtual machine.