Windows 11 has received many restrictions compared to Windows 10, and some of them relate to the taskbar – for example, it cannot be moved from the bottom of the screen to any other. Another limitation is related to the fact that the size of the taskbar cannot be changed through the system settings, but the system still provides an option to increase or decrease this menu.
How to enlarge or shrink the taskbar in Windows 11
- Press the key combination Win + R and in the window that appears, enter regeditto go to Registry Editor.
- In Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced
- In the Advanced folder, right-click on an empty space and create a new DWORD (32-bit) entry through the appeared context menu.
- Rename the post you created to TaskbarSi.
- Open TaskbarSi and write one of the following values in the Value data field:
– small taskbar;
1– medium-sized taskbar (default);
2 – large taskbar.
- Click OK and restart your computer.