Today one of the most common questions you may get is: “What is your WiFi password?” The problem is that most of the people have started using long and complicated WiFi passwords. And it is not easy to remember and share a password like “gY1J4t & U”.
This is why some operating systems have come up with workarounds to make sharing WiFi passwords as simple as using QR codes.
The QR code is a two-dimensional matrix barcode that contains the information for which it was created
Download Windows 10 Build 17763.168
Cumulative update KB4469342 Download and install automatically via Windows Update on all devices running Windows 10 October 2018. If you have not yet received update KB4469342, you can force Windows update from Settings -> Update & Security -> check for updates to install the same.
Note: If you are still running Windows 10 1803, see How to upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 update version 1809 now.
And offline package KB4469342 (OS Build 17763.168) also available for download, you can get it from the link below.
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 17763.168?
The latest update comes with various bug fixes. According to support page Microsoft, the KB4469342 installation addresses the following points:
- Resolves an issue that causes the brightness slider preference to reset to 50% when the device reboots.
- Resolves an issue that prevents some users from setting the win32 program defaults for certain combinations of applications and file types using open with .command or settings> Default application> Applications.
- Addresses an issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging on to a Windows device.
- Fixed an issue that caused the display settings to stop working when changing a multi-monitor setting.
- Fixed an issue with long delays when taking a photo when using the Camera app in certain lighting conditions.
- Resolves an issue that prevents Bluetooth® headphones from receiving audio input after several minutes of listening.
There are also enhancements for business users, including Microsoft Intune. The company explains:
“Resolves an issue with Microsoft Intune that causes devices to be incorrectly marked as non-compliant because a firewall incorrectly returns a ‘Bad’ status. As a result, affected devices will not receive conditional access compliance approval and access to corporate resources such as email may be blocked.
Two known issues
Additionally, the company mentions two known issues in this cumulative update, which have also been there in previous Windows 10 updates. One affects Windows Media Player and hides the search bar, with a fix next week. The other causes crashes in Microsoft Edge due to NVIDIA drivers. Note: Nvidia has released an updated driver to address this issue. Follow the instructions found in the NVidia support article .
If you have any difficulty installing KB4469342 (OS Build 17763.168), such as Cumulative Update 2018-11 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based system (KB4469342), download stuck, failed to install with different errors, see our Windows update troubleshooting guide.