Today, we find multiple users on a single PC . This is extremely useful in corporate businesses and even home computers at times. With that in mind, switching from one user to another can sometimes be a tiring task. For that, Microsoft has its own functionality of Quick user switching that allows us to change users in Windows 10.
In this article, we will discuss everything related to the change of users , the quick user option and how enable it. Please switch to the next heading and read on to find How to switch users in Windows 10.
What is the quick user switch option?
The function Fast User Switch it’s present in Windows 10 and will basically allow a user to log into a PC while another user’s instance is still running – all applications and processes. In this way, multiple users can work on a single computer without interfering with each other.
How to enable Fast User Switch in Windows 10
There are two easy ways to enable change fast user on Windows. Let’s see how to do it:
Method 1: use the Group Policy form
- Press the Windows key + R
- Scribe ‘ gpedit.msc ‘. Press enter
- You will now see the window of the Local Group Policy Editor
- Now expand: Local IT Policy, IT Configuration, Login, System, Administrative Templates.
- Click and open Hide entry points for the change fast user
- If you want to activate the Quick user switching , click on Disabled.
That’s it! The option Quick user switching It should now be enabled on your Windows 10 PC.
Method 2: Edit the registry value
We do not recommend using this method as you will be playing around with the records . But if so, make sure you have a system restore point and to know what it is. According to this method:
- Press the Windows key + R
- Writes Regedit and press Enter
- At Editor of the Registration, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE, Microsoft, Windows, Current version, Policies, System
- Find the value HideFastUserSwitching. If it is not present, create one by right-clicking on the system folder, selecting New 32-bit DWORD value and then just type HideFastUserSwitching.
- Make sure the value of HideFastUserSwitching is 0 if you want to enable Quick User Switching.
And we are done! Using these two methods Quick User Switch it will definitely be enabled on your Windows PC.
Alternatively, you can also download the file ‘.BAT’ from here, and just run it as administrator and apply the necessary registry changes.
How to switch user in Windows 10
Now that you have seen how enable easily the Quick User Switch option in Windows , let’s see the methods on how change Really between different users as it is, after all, the main purpose. There are mainly three methods that we can use to switch users in Windows, and we will analyze them in detail. Let’s start!
- Press the icon beginning
- Click on the currently connected profile
- Select Close session
- Choose the different user to log in.
And then you can very easily log into the other user, and you can use it as you like. This is very convenient, all thanks to the option Quick user switching on Windows 10.
- For this method, Wow to its home screen / desktop
- Press Alt + F4
- In the dialog box that appears, select the dropdown menu and click Change user.
Now you can easily switch to a different user on Windows PC.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Del
- From the menu that appears, choose Change user
And you are ready! The Change User screen will now appear where you can conveniently switch to the user you want.
We hope that by reading this article you have been able to learn about the Quick user switch option and how to enable it easily. In addition, we also provide detailed methods that you can use to switch user in Windows . Fast User Switch is very useful these days, since in today’s world, multiple users can use the same PC without the other’s instance being manipulated to improve productivity.
If you have more questions About the above-mentioned methods or about the Quick User Switch Option in Windows, you can send us a comment to below and we will do our best to answer him with a answer relevant .