Windows 11 has received many changes, and one of them was introducing the system startup sound. Although the ringtone plays quickly and is relatively quiet, many people still want to turn off the startup sound – especially after moving from Windows 10, which turned off the computer startup sound by default.
How to turn off the sound when you turn on your computer on Windows 11
- Right click on the Start icon and select Settings.
- Go to the Personalization category.
- Click on “Themes”.
- Click on Sounds on the right.
- In the window that appears, click on the Sounds tab and uncheck the Play Windows Startup sound box.
- Save the changes by clicking the “OK” button.