Did you buy Sling TV to watch your favorite show but now the show is over? Did you subscribe to Sling TV to watch your favorite sporting event and now it’s over? But wait, your subscription is still active, you are charged every month. So you want to cancel your Sling TV subscription or account?
This article is about this, as we will help you with the process to cancel your Sling TV account.
What is Sling TV?
Sling TV is a service that allows users to watch live channels on their laptops, televisions, tablets, and even phones. It is basically live television. Sling TV is a subsidiary of Dish TV, but it is operated on a separate service. User does not need a turntable installed to access sling tv. The sling is similar to a cable or satellite. The difference is just that you need an internet connection for this.
Sling TV is only available in the United States. It has not yet expanded globally. It allows users to watch live TV, record the shows to watch later, or rent the movies to watch. It works on almost all internet connected devices. It allows you to scroll through the channels easily. The sling is easy to operate and use.
sling tv offers three packages to users: “Orange”, “Blue” and “Orange + Blue”. Orange packages offer some channels. It also includes some ESPN channels and Disney channels. The blue package offers more number of channels. The orange + blue package offers all the channels of the orange and blue package.
Sling TV versus cable connection:
- Sling TV is cheap compared to cable TV. This is because it offers low channels compared to cable TV.
- It requires a stable and fast internet speed. The required internet speed is at least 25 Mbps. It is better if there is a cable connection as the wifi is unstable. Cable Tv does not require internet to work.
- Sling Orange offers only one stream at a time. This means that you can run the streaming app on only one device at a time. Cable TV can be connected to more than one device if necessary.
- You can access Sling TV from your phone, tablet, laptop, etc. You can see it even when you are away from home. To access cable television, you need television, and you can only access it at home.
- You can record your TV shows for later. This option is not available for cable TV. The sling is therefore flexible in time.
- You can easily cancel your subscriptions on Sling. The procedure for canceling subscriptions on the Cable network is long and hectic.
Now that you know sling television very well, you also know that you have many competitors in the market. You may want to join some other server. For this, you need to cancel your Sling TV subscription. If you are here for that, we assure you that after reading this, you will have achieved what you want. Let us take you through the methods for unsubscribing from Sling TV.
How to unsubscribe from Sling Tv?
Now that you’re here, we know what you’re looking for – the steps to unsubscribe from Sling TV. We are here for you. You just have to have a little patience and follow these steps. The steps to cancel your Sling TV subscription are as follows:
- STEP 1: Go to your web browser on your laptop, computer, or phone. Search for “slingtv.com.”
- STEP 2 : Next, log into your account with your “username” and “password”.
- STEP 3 – There is a small person icon in the upper right corner of the page. Click on that icon. This will redirect you to the next tab or next page.
- STEP 4 : You will be redirected to the page «My account».
- STEP 5: Click on “Unsubscribe” on the right side of the “My Accounts” page. A new page will open with a message asking if you want to ‘Change plan’ or ‘Cancel subscription’.
- STEP 6: click on “Unsubscribe”. You will be redirected to a new tab again.
- Next, you will be asked the reason for canceling your subscription. You have different options. Click the box next to the option you want to select.
- STEP 7: After choosing your reason for unsubscribing, you will be asked for a new confirmation. Click on the “continue” option.
- STEP 8 : Enter your password and click “unsubscribe”.
- STEP 9 : You’re done. You have successfully canceled your Sling TV account. You will receive a verification email for it. It will also appear on your screen.
- STEP 10: you must keep a check on your cards. If any money is charged after the subscription is unsubscribed, please email the person concerned or make a call informing them about it.
Congratulations! You have successfully unsubscribed from Sling TV or, rather, canceled your subscription to Sling TV. You can subscribe again whenever you want. You can also join other streaming sites or old-school cable TV. A break from the broadcast during work, exams are important. We are happy to make you SLING FREE!