When you try to install the driver for the onboard integrated GPU, the Intel HD graphics , Windows 10 displays an error message that says » This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software »By running setup.exe. This guide will show you how to fix the error and you will still be able to install the driver for Intel HD graphics in Windows 10.
The error message is likely due to the driver being too old and only supporting Windows Vista or 7, so Windows 10 is having trouble recognizing and running the installer. Some of the hardware we’ve been using for a long time may be out of date and no longer supported by the manufacturer as newer technology is introduced (common in Asus, Dell, Lenovo laptops, etc.). The error is especially common for the driver installer downloaded from the manufacturer’s website or from a driver CD.
This computer does not meet the minimum requirements: Intel HD Graphics
Before trying the more difficult solution below, be sure to try running Windows update first after enabling your Integrated Graphics from BIOS, as Windows Update is the best and easiest method to automatically detect, find and install the latest possible driver for your hardware. If Windows Update can’t find the right driver for your Intel HD graphics, try the solution below.
The solution is to run the configuration by browsing from the Device administrator on Windows 10. Detailed instructions are listed below.
- Go to the start menu and type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- In the device manager window, click Action and Then in Add legacy hardware .
- In the newly opened window, click Next . When asked what you want to do with the wizard, select Install hardware that I manually selected from a list (Advanced) .
- Then select Display adapters .
- Under Manufacturer, select Intel Corporation . From here, you have two options.
- If you know the model and version of your Intel HD graphics, select the model directly from the right pane under Model. It will install immediately and you must have the driver installed.
- If you are unsure of the version of your Intel HD graphics, click the button Use disk and continue with step 6.
- Go to the driver installation folder where the setup.exe is (the one that gave you the error earlier).
- Please select autorun.inf in the root installation folder and then click To open . You should install the driver now.
- If it does not install and displays the error “The folder you specified does not contain a supported software driver for your device”, go to step 9.
- Go back and click the button Use disk again. Go to the driver installation folder, but this time instead of selecting autorun.inf go to a subfolder usually called Graphics. Then select the inf inside the folder (usually called igdlh64.inf).
- In the next window, if you know the version of your Intel HD graphics (4000, 4400, 5000, etc.), select it from the list; otherwise, select the first Intel HD graphics .
- Click on Next to confirm the installation and the driver should be installed immediately. Restart your PC for the installed driver to take effect.
If your Intel HD graphics are still not working and you show an exclamation point next to your driver in Device Manager with the status saying “This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device code 31”, It can indicate two things – bad driver or hardware failure.
You may have downloaded the wrong driver for your Intel HD graphics, therefore the settings cannot be used. At this point, there are two things you can try.
- Run Windows update to allow Windows to automatically update the existing installed driver and remember to restart your computer after running Windows Update for the applied changes to take effect.
- In Device Manager, right-click the problematic Intel HD Graphics driver and select Update driver . Then click Search automatically for updated driver software and hopefully you will be able to find the right driver for your integrated graphics.
If all else fails, may mean that your integrated GPU is broken, so Windows cannot detect your monitor and undetectable.