Logitech G930 Cutout Overview
There are several situations where your Logitech G930 Wireless Headphones may disconnect all the time or keep disconnecting and reconnecting status:
1. Brought a new Logitech G930 wireless headset and installed Logitech game software, and then connect the headset to the computer. But every few minutes, the USB dongle beeps, the sound stops, and then the USB dongle beeps again, and the sound returns. .
2. Installed the latest version of Logitech G930 wireless headset driver, it may work for a while. But several minutes later, the G930 keeps losing connection and never connects again. Or it keeps connecting and disconnecting in Windows 10 .
3. When you update the system from Windows 7, 8 to Windows 10, the Logitech G930 headset is getting cut off.
So if your Logitech G930 headset has been constantly disconnecting, you can follow the below solutions to solve it.
Why is my Logitech G930 constantly disconnecting?
The Logitech G930 keeps turning off and on for no reason, it’s very annoying and seriously affects my experience. And there are many people who have the problem of logitech G930 connection problem. And there are several reasons that lead to this happening.
1. Wireless device interference, such as WIFI devices or Bluetooth devices. If there are more wireless devices or Bluetooth devices, you can interrupt the headset to turn off.
2. The USB cannot provide enough power, which makes the Bluetooth receiver unstable.
3. Logitech G930 driver issue.
How to fix Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting – Windows 10, 8, 7
Now that you know the reasons, you can follow the below solutions to fix this issue and get back the perfect Logitech G930.
Solution 1 – Connect the Logitech G930 to a different USB 2.0 port
This will be a test. If your G930 headset keeps turning off, you can plug it in and connect it to another USB port. If you are using the USB 3.0 port (blue USB port), at this time, you’d better connect to the USB 2.0 port.
And of course if you use a unifying receiver Before, please try to connect the headphone receiver to PC USB port directly.
Before you reconnect the Logitech G930 to your computer, you need to make sure that the Logitech G930 is fully charged and that the G930 is turned on. Off means the LED next to the power switch should be off (not flashing or solid green).
Related view: Fix USB ports not working in Windows 10
Solution 2 – Update Logitech G930 headset drivers
Sometimes if the Logitech G930 keeps cutting off, maybe you can try to uninstall the Logitech G930 device and then update Logitech G930 drivers to fix this sound problem.
Uninstall Logitech G930 Drivers
1. Go to Device Manager.
2. Expand controls Sound, Video and Game To find the Logitech Headset G930 .
3. Right click to select uninstall device . Then in the uninstall warning window, click uninstall .
After uninstalling Logitech G930 drivers, you need to download the latest version of Logitech G930 drivers for your device to work properly.
Update Logitech G930 Drivers:
There are two ways to update the driver. You can update this driver manually or automatically.
For manual updates you need to go to the download page of the official website, find the Logitech G930 headset driver to download, and then follow the instructions to install it step by step.
automatic updates they are much more convenient, do not require you to find drivers, and can save a lot of time. You can use Driver Booster to automatically update your Logitech headset G930 driver.
driver booster , an automatic driver download and update tool, can help users get the latest graphics driver, audio driver, USB driver, mouse driver, etc. with a single click. And as the best driver scanner, it can detect the oldest and missing drivers for your computer.
1. Download install and run Driver Booster on your computer.
2. Click Scan > To update . The whole process is two clicks.
After updating the logitech G930 gaming headset driver, you can try it again to see if it still cuts out.
Solution 3 – Roll back the Logitech G930 driver
If you updated the new driver and it causes the headset to keep disconnecting, you can try rolling back the driver to the previous version.
1. Enter the device administrator .
2. Expand the tree of Audio, video and game controllers and search for the Logitech G930 device.
3. Right-click on it and choose Properties > Controller > revert driver .
If the backward driver can’t be used, maybe you need to download the old version driver from Logitech official site.
Solution 4 – Change the shutdown interval time
The Logitech G930 headset default power turns off every 15 minutes. It means that after 15 minutes later, the headset will automatically turn off to save power if the G930 does not work for the 15 minutes. Therefore, you can change it to zero to fix the G930 disconnection problem. This also applies to Logitech Headset G933.
1. Quit Logitech Gaming Software .
2. Follow this path: local drive C: > Program files > Logitech Gaming Software > Resources > G930 > Manifest . Here you will see the file Device_Manifest.xml .
3. Right click to open with the memo pad .
4. Find the battery turnOffInterval = ”900” and modify 900 to .
Tips: You should make a backup copy of this file before you modify it.
Solution 5 – Turn off USB Root HUB power management
Because the Logitech G930 is a USB wireless headset, if your Logitech G930 is not working, try resetting the USB root hub and generic USB hub power management.
1. Enter device manager.
2. Expand the universal serial bus controller and select USB Root HUB > Properties > power management .
3. Uncheck the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power .
4. Disable power saving for all USB root hubs and generic USB hubs one by one.
Tips: If you find this power management can’t select, you can fix it from here: allow computer to turn off to save power grayed out .
Solution 6 – Disable USB selective suspend settings
The USB Selective Suspend power setting can cause your G930 to go offline and back online, so disabling it may help the G930 function properly.
1. Follow this path to enter additional power settings: Start menu > Setting > System > power and suspension > Additional Power Settings .
2. On the power plan you are using, click Change plan settings .
3. Select Change advanced power settings .
4. In power settings, find Configuration of USB > Configuration of USB selective suspend .
5. In settings, pull down the text menu to choose Deactivate . Then click Apply and To accept .
After that, reconnect the headset to your computer and you will find that the sound from G930 does not cut out and the connection keeps on turning on all the time.
Try the 6 ways above to resolve your Logitech G930 headset disconnecting and reconnecting problem.