Malwarebytes Anti-Malware; The most famous Antimalware software that keeps you free from virus, malware, or anything that might affect your computer offline or online. Most of the people have it installed on their PC and even companies prefer to use this software. But, some of you who download it for the first time might face the problem, that the software Malwarebytes won’t open and that’s a nasty problem that can make them ask a question or even google it, why won’t Malwarebytes do it? opened?
Therefore, today I am going to provide you with various solutions that can help you get rid of the problem. Let’s see the solutions one by one:
Things to do when Malwarebytes won’t open
Here are the steps you need to take to fix this problem.
1. Start it over again.
Go easy first. Why work hard if easy solutions can help us? So if you tried to open the software and it didn’t open, right? I suggest you close it again now. Confused, how to close if it won’t open? I will help you here. This problem is titled as Malwarebytes running but won’t open.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the processes in the Task Manager window.
- Look for the entire process that has a descriptive name related to Malwarebytes. As in my photo.
- Select those processes and press the button End process .
- Now what? You have closed the Malwarebytes software. So you can restart it again and check if the problem is solved or not.
2. Update Malwarebytes
What happens sometimes is that when a new software update is released, sometimes it has some small issues that can cause the software to work incorrectly or sometimes it won’t work at all. But, as soon as the problem is discovered, a new update is released that resolves the error. The same could be possible in this case. Therefore, it is worth a try.
- Go to www.malwarebytes.com and press the button free download available on the right side of the web page.
- After that, a new window will open asking you to save the file wherever you want. Press the button Keep here.
- Finally, when the download is complete, you can install the updated software and launch the application.
3. Rename mbam.exe to explorer.exe
There are many malicious files and maybe some of them are on your PC which will not allow your PC to start the Malwarebytes Antimalware, what causes the problem of Malwarebytes won’t open after installation . What that malicious file basically does is that it prevents the. The file exe from Malwarebytes, that is, mbam.exe which cause what Malwarebytes does not open the trouble. So what you can do is:
- Go to Local disk C -> Program Files -> Malwarebytes -> Antimalware folder
- Now in this folder, find the file mbam.exe .
- Right click on the file and select the option Rename .
- Rename the file with the name ‘ explorer.exe ‘
This will help you start the program again and after your Malwarebytes starts, run a Malware scan and remove the malicious file. Also, after deleting the malicious file, rename the explorer.exe to mbam.exe.
4. Run as administrator
Check if you are the administrator or the program you are running has administrative permission. Because it does not have administrative access, some vulnerable third-party applications may not allow it to start. So if you are not running the software with administrative access, follow these steps:
- Look for the file Malwarebytes on the desk. If it is not on the desktop, follow the first step of the above solution and open the file mbam.exe .
- Right click in the file and select the option Execute as an administrator .
- If that works, you found that problem and the solution as well.
Note: You can award the program administrator access permanent from this way:
- Right click on mbam.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this program as administrator -> Apply.
5. Start Malwarebytes in safe mode
Since we cannot solve Malwarebytes will not open the problem after all these efforts, we would keep our sole goal of opening the AntiMalware once and removing the suspicious file by scanning the system, keeping in mind that now the Malwarebytes will not. opened by virus . We have another option to try, that is, the Safe Mode. Yes, chances are high that the software will run in safe mode. Once the software starts running in the safe mode and we can scan the system, which would result in the removal of the malicious file that prevented the software from opening. To prevent the malicious file from opening in the safe mode, we will run the safe mode with the network option and there will be no resistance to Anti-Malware.
Boot into Safe Mode – Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10:
- Press the key Windows + R on the keyboard.
- Scribe ‘ msconfig ‘in the search dialog.
- Select the tab start in the new dialog box appeared.
- Then in the tab start , select Safe Mode and in that net .
- Click on To accept and then in Restart when prompted to start safe mode.
When you’re done booting into whatever operating system you’re using and you’re now in safe mode, just follow these steps:
- Open Malwarebytes Anti-malware.
- Scan the entire PC: a full system scan .
- Restart the PC in mode Normal .
- Check now that the problem should be resolved.
6. Reinstall Malwarebytes
Finally, if none of the above solutions works for you, especially Malwarebytes will not open in safe mode, then another solution you can try is reinstall Malwarebytes software. Reinstallation should provide a solution to the problem. You can download the Malwarebytes application from its official website after completely uninstalling the software. If you are going to use a trial version, there is nothing to bother with. But, if you have a licensed version, have some backup for your credentials.
Reinstalling would require these steps to be followed:
- Open the control panel looking for the dialog box that appears after pressing the Windows on your keyboard.
- Then in the new window select Uninstall one option of Program .
- Select software Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the list of options, and then press Uninstall .
- Wait until the uninstallation is complete and the software has disappeared from the list.
- Using the Internet, download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software from the official website.
- Once the download is complete, launch the installation and launch the program.
And with the program started, your problem could be solved here. So you can do a full system scan now and make your PC malware or virus free.
Hope with all these solutions, it can be helpful for you and get your Malwarebytes will not open the problem solved. Also, you can comment below in case you have any doubts or even suggestions (if I missed something), to resolve this error and help others who couldn’t find a solution anywhere. Also, you can contact Malwarebytes official website forum and find out if they have anything useful for you.