Windows 10 Manual Update Overview:
This article is designed for people who want to:
1. Download Windows 10 Update manually, such as Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Windows 10 1709 Update, November Update, and Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
2. Manage Windows Update in Windows 10, For example, users who want to know more details about Windows 10 Cumulative Updates would need to download Windows 10 KB4093107 or KB4088891.
3. Fix problems updating Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8 automatically.
If you are one of them, just refer to the following contents to download and install Windows 10 manual upgrade in a foolproof way. It will mainly teach you how to use Windows 10 Update Catalog and Windows 10 Offline Download Tool – Media Creation Tool to update Windows 10 manually.
Before downloading manual Windows 10 updates:
To successfully install the Windows 10 update manually, you need to know something about it.
1. Microsoft has offered an automatic way: check for updates to update Windows 10, such as Windows 10 KB4093112, Windows 10 KB3194798.
If you want to get the Windows 10 update automatically, you can go to Setting > Update and security > windows update > Search for updates .
Once it finds new updates, Windows 10 will automatically download the updates for you.
2. But if Windows 10 update check failed to install Windows 10 update, you need to download it manually, for example, get Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709, 1703.
To do so, you need to prepare for something like 16 GB space for Windows 10 32-bit and 32 GB space for Windows 10 64-bit.
How to manually download Windows 10 updates?
When you manually install the Windows 10 update, there are two options open to you. The first is using the Windows Update Catalog. And the other one is using Windows ISO files to download Windows 10 update offline.
Way 1: Use Microsoft Update Catalog to download Windows 10 Update and install it
To download the Windows 10 update manually, you can go to the Microsoft site to get the updates yourself.
Advice: Before you enter the official site to download Windows Updates patch, you need to make sure that you know what is the version of Windows 10 on your PC now. To do that, right-click on this pc on your desktop and select Properties in the context menu and then you can view basic information about your computer .
1. Navigate to Microsoft Update Catalog .
Here you can only see a search page on the site, which means you need to know which version of Windows 10 you would like to upgrade to.
2. Here look KB4093112 for your reference. If you have no idea about it, please refer to the windows 10 update history and then choose to search for the version of Windows you want to update.
3. In the results window, select a suitable Windows 10 update for your PC. You need to consider whether you want Windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit or Windows 10 Delta Updates or Cumulative Updates.
Once you have clicked the button Download , it will start getting the file .msu On your computer.
4. Install Windows 10 updates step by step.
Scribe Symbol of the system in the search box and right click on the result to Execute as an administrator .
5. At the command prompt, enter wuse C:PATH-TO-UPDATENAME-OF-UPDATE.msu/quiet/norestart and then press Enter to run this command.
6. Reboot your PC.
When you restart your PC again, you will see a new version of Windows 10 installed, such as Windows 10 KB4093112 released on April 10, 2018 or Windows 10, 1709 KB4088776 on March 13, 2018.
You have just successfully completed the Windows 10 upgrade.
Way 2 – Use Media Creation Tool to Download New Windows 10 Updates
If you couldn’t update Windows 10 automatically, for example stuck on Windows update or couldn’t find the exact Windows 10 updates, you can decide to use Windows 10 offline download helper – media creation tool.
1. Download the media creation tool to create a Windows 10 installation media.
2. Click Accept for applicable notices and license terms.
3. Choose the option: Create installation media and then press Following to finish the task.
Now you can create a bootable USB flash drive and download Windows 10 ISO files . The new ISO files will contain the latest versions of Windows 10.
With all these bootable USB and ISO files ready, you can try to install the new version of Windows 10 manually.
In a word, no matter you want to get Windows 10 manual upgrade or you want to manually upgrade Windows 10, you can learn something from this thread. And in this way, you will not be controlled by forced Windows update as you can manage Windows 10 updates.