Microsoft released Windows 10 Preview Build 17763 (rs5_release) for Insiders at Fast Ring which is fully focused on fixing bugs like Redstone 5 build (aka Windows 10 October 2018 update version 1809) almost ready for RTM release and for public release this month or September first week.
According to him Microsoft blog , the latest RS5 Build 17763 fixes issues with Microsoft Edge, Bluetooth audio devices, battery usage, PowerShell, and resolves the issue that results in display scale factors not being applied correctly when viewing a full screen remote desktop window . Along with these minor bug fixes, the latest build contains 2 known issues
“With the latest Task Manager from Redstone 5 Build 17763 “Correct CPU usage is no longer reported and issues related to expansion arrows for background processes are displayed.”
What’s new in Windows 10 Build 17763?
- The build watermark in the lower right corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean that we are finished …
- Fixed an issue where touching a Flash item in Microsoft Edge with two or more fingers could cause the tab to crash.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not display if there were video files saved on the desktop.
- We fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices would not play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- We fixed an issue that caused an unexpected increase in battery usage recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- We fixed an issue in PowerShell where characters were not displaying correctly in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue that caused the screen scaling factors to not be applied correctly (so the UI was smaller than expected) when viewing a full screen remote desktop window on a monitor configured for certain scaling. display.
Download Windows 10 Build 17763
The last RS5 version 17763 Available immediately via Windows update for Fast ring Insider enrolled devices. And the preview build will automatically download and install on your device. Also, you can manually check and install the latest version of Preview from Setting > Update and security > Windows update and click the Check for updates button.
Note: The build is a preliminary build of the next big update »Redstone 5» scheduled to finish in September and would begin rolling out to the general public in the first week or two of October 2018.