Onmicrosoft is nothing more than a domain used in Microsoft Office 365. Before we move on to onmicrosoft, let’s talk about Office 365 first because this word is completely associated with Office 365. Therefore, we need to get a feel for Microsoft Office 365 so that we can understand at Microsoft.
As we all know, Microsoft offers us a suite of utility software or applications that are collectively known as “MS Office.” It consists of all the basic and important applications like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, One Note, etc. Microsoft Office 365 is one of the most up-to-date and subscribed services from Microsoft. The best part about this service is that it is available with a cloud-based software service. It was first released in 2010 as a beta version. But in 2011 Microsoft officially released it for public use.
This new version of Microsoft Office allows its users to share their data with the help of Outlook or webmail. Therefore, it can be said that onmicrosoft is the domain used to log into Microsoft Office 365 with the help of Outlook or webmail. The syntax of the login user id is in the format: [su nombre] @ [empresa] .onmicrosoft.com . Services like SkyDrive, XBox Live, Outlook or any other Microsoft service are used only with the help of a Microsoft login ID and password. Therefore, one must register to create an account with Microsoft that has onmicrosoft as the domain of its user ID.
How to use Onmicrosoft ?
To use Microsoft facilities, a user must register their details to create a user ID.
Follow these simple steps to create a user ID:
Step 1: go to Microsoft’s registration page with the use of the given link: [ https://signup.live.com/ ]
Step 2: click on «No account? Create one!” to continue with the next steps.
Step 3: Fill in all the necessary details and click the continue option.
Step 4: your new account will be opened.
How to resolve the Onmicrosoft license conflict?
It may happen that your Onmicrosoft license conflicts with other Microsoft licenses that were used some time ago. In such a case, you need to resolve the conflict so that you can access the services correctly again. The steps you need to take to resolve the conflict by cleaning your computer system are:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications.
- Run the command window as administrator.
- Go to the following path: C: Program Files Microsoft Office Office16 cscript ospp.vbs / unpkey: xxxx (xxxx is the last 5 characters of the product key found with cscript ospp.vbs / dstatus)
- Now, delete this key in the Windows registry: HKCU Software Microsoft Office 16.0 Common Identity Identities
- After deleting, go to Credential Manager.
- Now select Microsoft Office 16 »References» Delete all
- Now proceed further and remove the references in:
- Appdata Roaming Microsoft Credentials
- Appdata Local Microsoft Credentials
- Appdata Roaming Microsoft Protect
- Local Appdata Microsoft Office 16.0 Licensing
- Again, check the registry and delete the following keys:
- HKCU Software Microsoft Protected Storage System Provider
- HKCU Software Microsoft Office 16.0 Common Identity
- HKEYU (User SID) Microsoft Office 16.0 Common Identity Software
(To find the user’s SID, you can type cmd: wmic userAccountInThisPC)
- Now go to: https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx and connect with Microsoft Office 365 account
- Click My Account »Installation Status. In the “Manage installations” section, turn off your PC.
- Run o15ctrremove.diagcab to complete the uninstallation.
- Now reboot the computer system and when it starts up again, go to the Microsoft Office 365 portal and install your Office again.
In this way, the license problem could be solved.
These are all the basic details you need to learn about the onmicrosft domain used in Microsoft Office and other utility applications offered by Microsoft. We explain the meaning, the work and how to fix a problem if one is found with the microsoft domain “onmicrosoft”. Feel free to ask any questions about Microsoft 365 or anything additional about onmicrosoft through the comment option available below.