American chipmaker Qualcomm has unveiled its own smartphone. The unique device was created in cooperation with the Taiwanese company Asus and has the most top-end features, including the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset and a large AMOLED display with a 144 Hz image refresh rate.
The official name of the new Qualcomm smartphone is Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders, which makes it clear that it is intended for participants in the Snapdragon Insiders program. The Qualcomm community now has over 1.6 million enthusiasts and technical experts worldwide who are among the first to learn about Qualcomm’s new technologies. The chipmaker says the “insider’s Snapdragon” smartphone is designed to showcase all of Qualcomm’s software features and hardware.
The Qualcomm smartphone is based on the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset paired with 16 GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 512 GB internal storage. The device is powered by a “clean” version of Android. The smartphone screen is a 6.78-inch AMOLED panel from Samsung with Full HD + resolution and 144 Hz refresh rate. Asus make the cameras of the smartphone. There are four of them – three in the back and one in the front.
Qualcomm Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders Specifications:
- Display: 6.78-inch Super AMOLED, 2400 × 1080 pixels (Full HD +), 1200 nits peak brightness, 144 Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, Always-on display.
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, 5nm process technology, 1 Kryo 680 core @ 2.84 GHz, 3 Kryo 680 cores @ 2.42 GHz, 4 Kryo 680 cores @ 1.8 GHz.
- RAM: 16 GB (LPDDR5).
- Built-in memory: 512 GB (UFS 3.1), no memory card support.
- Operating system: Android 11.
- Front camera: 24 MP (f / 2.5, wide-angle lens).
- Main camera: triple, 64 MP (f / 1.8, wide angle lens, phase detection autofocus, optical image stabilization) + 8 MP (f / 2.4, telephoto lens, phase detection autofocus, 3x optical zoom) + 12 MP (f / 2.2, ultra wide angle lens with a viewing angle of 112 degrees, phase detection autofocus), dual LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Battery: 4000 mAh, fast charging 65 W (0 to 50% in 30 minutes and 0 to 100% in 50 minutes).
- Port: USB Type-C.
- Wireless communications: 5G, 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / 6e, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS.
- Sensors: Fingerprint scanner (back), accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass.
- Case dimensions: 173.2 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm.
- Weight: 210 g.
- Coloring: blue.
The Qualcomm smartphone will go on sale in August. It will be available in the US, China, Germany, UK, Japan, South Korea, and possibly India. The issue price is $ 1,500.