Another day, another problem with Windows 10; Don’t worry, you are in the right place, we have solutions for all Windows 10 related problems. According to the latest report, active Windows 10 users have risen to 600 million users, making it the most successful operating system. . Some users reported that a battery icon is missing in Windows 10 That might not seem like a critical issue for some Windows users. But if you are a pedantic guy like us and you like things organized in a certain way. This article is for you.
The battery icon is located on the taskbar in Windows . It shows information such as the amount of battery remaining (hover the mouse pointer over the battery icon) on your device, it also shows if the device is charging (plugged in) and if so, how long it will take to fully charge Windows 10 device . This guide will help you to restore the battery icon missing error in Windows.
How to restore the missing battery icon in Windows 10
For all the steps mentioned below, please follow them in the order mentioned as it is important to do so. Let us diagnose the missing battery icon problem to give you the precise solution you need. Identify your situation:
A. The battery icon abruptly stopped appearing
B. Show the battery icon for the first time
If your situation is A, we suggest you restart your computer before proceeding and check if the battery icon is displayed. If yes, then Kudos !, this happened because the computer is running for a long period or when CPU-intensive programs are running on your Windows 10.
Situation B guys, the solution is very simple; Just enable the battery icon or the power icon from Settings. Detailed information is provided in the next section in simple steps. Also, check if the battery icon is not on ‘ Show hidden icons ‘(‘ ^ ‘caret symbol) located on the taskbar. In case you find it, just drag the battery icon and drop it on the right side of the taskbar.
Enable battery icon
This step is for the guys in situation A and B. Check if the battery icon is enabled in settings. If disabled, the battery icon will not appear. DO NOT skip this step.
1. Go to Settings in Windows 10. Press Windows key + I from your keyboard or click on the Start (Windows) icon located on the taskbar and then click on Settings or simply search for ‘Settings’ on the taskbar. chores.
2. Locate ‘Personalization’ and click on it. Go to ‘Taskbar’, which should be located on the left side of the screen.
3. Click on ‘Enable or disable system icons’. In the next appropriate section, make sure that ‘ Power ‘is on. If not, enable it by clicking the button next to Power.
Four. Go back to Personalization. Click ‘Select which icons appear on the taskbar’ to check if the battery icon is selected. Otherwise, select Power by clicking the button next to it.
This should definitely fix the battery icon not showing a problem on your Windows 10 computer. Otherwise, don’t worry, we have a few more tricks up our sleeves.
Restore the missing battery icon with Windows Explorer
In this method, you have to restart Windows Explorer, which will eventually redraw (update) all the icons on your Desktop. This should bring back the missing battery icon in Windows 10.
1. Open the ‘Taskbar’. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc from your keyboard or click on the Start (Windows) icon located on the taskbar and then click on Task Manager or just search for ‘Task Manager’ on the taskbar.
2. A pop-up window will appear; Navigate to the ‘Process’ tab located near the top. Locate Windows Explorer and right click on it. A menu will appear; Click ‘Restart’. That’s it!
Update your computer to get the battery icon on your taskbar
If there is a pending update or the latest updates were not installed correctly on your Windows 10 device. This step is easier to follow as you need to update your laptop. Also, check for updates for your device. [Omita este paso si el dispositivo está actualizado]
1. Open the settings. Navigate to Update and click on it. Then click “check for updates”. Install all updates.
Yes so far nothing worked for your device. There could be some problem with the drivers related to the battery. The drivers we are interested in are named ‘Microsoft AC Adapter’ and ‘Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery’. These drivers are battery related and can be easily located in the Battery section in Device Manager.
1. Open Device Manager. Find ‘Device Manager’ on the taskbar or right-click on the Start (Windows) icon located and select Device Manager from the menu.
2. A new window will open. Locate the battery and click on it. Now, you will see the battery controllers (Note: the name of the controllers might be different from the controllers mentioned above or shown in the picture, just follow the steps mentioned below and you are good to go. But make sure you have clicked Battery) .
3. Select the first controller, click on it; A menu will appear, click ‘disable’. This will disable the controller. And again click on the same controller to enable it. Repeat this for the other controller. *** Note: – Don’t forget to enable the controller or else your laptop battery won’t work ***
Four. After enabling both drivers in the last step. Go to Action located on the menu bar and click on ‘Check for changes’. After completing the scan, restart your computer manually for the changes to take effect.
This is the last option to recover or restore the missing battery icon on the Windows 10 taskbar and even Windows 8 or 7. This method will also work if your battery icon is grayed out.
This guide should fix the Battery icon missing issue in Windows 10 .
Note: – Not all Windows 10 laptops face this problem. There are other alternatives, such as updating the BIOS or running DISM from the command prompt, but they require advanced computer knowledge and can damage your system if done wrong.
In the Device Manager step, you have to be very careful when disabling and enabling the drivers. Don’t forget to rest your favorite Windows machine from time to time, as overheating can cause a lot more problems than the disappearance of the battery icon.