When you install Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is also installed. It is the default browser for the new released operating system. And there are some basic settings that you need to customize to make the browser easier to use.
How to set Microsoft Edge as default browser?
In Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is the default browser. But sometimes it will change, such as after you install a new browser and set it as the default browser by clicking the default browser reminder popup. So how to get back the default browser? How to reset Microsoft Edge as the first browser?
1. Click Windows icon > Settings > Apps to enter the application center.
2. Locate the default apps . In the option of Web navigator choose Microsoft Edge .
Therefore, your default browser is set to Microsoft Edge again. After that, you can click on a website address to test if this website opens with Microsoft Edge.
How to set Microsoft Edge as the default browser automatically?
But sometimes, you can’t change the default apps in Windows 10 Settings, on that occasion, you can also turn on Advanced SystemCare to change Microsoft Edge as the default browser.
Advanced SystemCare is said to provide a toolbox called Default Program, which is designed to set the default browser, Image Viewer, Audio Player, etc. By far, this Default Schedule tool is more powerful for setting default schedules as it will configure related settings as well.
1. Download install and run Advanced SystemCare.
2. Locate tool box and then click scroll down to click default program within the software.
3. in Default IObit Programs on Microsoft Edge press set default .
Here you can see that the current default is Google Chrome .
You will now have made Microsoft Edge the default browser in Windows 10. If necessary, you can set Windows Media Player as the default video player or Microsoft Outlook as the default email application.
Here for some users, if you cannot change the default browser to Microsoft Edge, maybe it is due to the bugs in this browser of Windows 10. It is also available to use Advanced SystemCare to fix Microsoft Edge not working on Windows 10.
4. in Advanced SystemCare in Toolbox, click WinFix to install it.
5. Then choose Repair Microsoft Edge .
After that, Microsoft Edge may be the default browser and available to you once you need it. In this way, it is high time for you to set a home page as you wish.
How to set a blank page for Microsoft Edge?
After resetting Microsoft Edge as the default browser, you may want to customize the new page. When you open Microsoft Edge, in the new tab, you will find many websites and other information on this page. So how to set it as a blank page or home page, like Bing search or Google search.
1. Open Microsoft Edge .
2. Click Setting on the New Tab page. You can customize this page.
3. In the custom settings, choose a blank page and then click Keep .
After that, your new tab will update again. And the new tab will show blank, and there are only two link list.
These two links will help you get back to the default page.
How to customize Microsoft Edge home page?
And if you don’t want to use a blank page as your home page, you can customize it by following the steps below.
1. Click More > Settings . This will help open Microsoft Edge settings.
2. In Open Microsoft Edge page with option, choose the last item: Choose a specific page or pages .
3. Write the website as https://www.bing.com and then do click on the icon Keep .
Now your Microsoft Edge home page is set up. When you open the browser the next time, the new tab will change to the Bing search page.
Solved: Microsoft Edge keeps crashing Windows 10
6 new features for Microsoft Edge than Internet Explorer
How to use web notes in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10