Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death is one of those problems that scares a person. While doing a heavy task in Windows, you find that your Windows suddenly crashes and turns blue displaying an error message that says: “Your PC had a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting error information and then we will restart it. If you want more information, you can search online later for this error: driver irql_less_or_not_equal ”. Well, in this article, learn how to fix the error [FIXED] Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL in Windows 10.
I personally encountered this error while opening multiple tabs to write similar articles.
In Chrome, my tab count reached 60 divided equally across three windows, that’s 20 for each tab. Fortunately, after the automatic reboot, the error was no more. But these stopping mistakes sometimes get stubborn and pop up very often at times that sound terrible. If you have examined this error, you are lucky to find this post as you will learn here the methods for fix STOP / “driver irql_less_or_not_equal” BSOD error in Windows 10, 8, 7 .
Different types of error “driver irql_less_or_not_equal”
According to reports, “Irql_less_or_not_equal driver” creates many problems on Windows PC with other error formats like:
- Windows 10 blue screen irql_less_or_not_equal driver: This is a blue screen error, which means that when your system crashes, it blinks a blue screen and starts dumping files.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ql2300.sys, epfwwfp.sys, e1c62x64.sys, rdbss.sys, rdyboost.sys, rtkhdaud.sys, rtwlane.sys, tcpip.sys, tap0901.sys, tdx.sys, tdx.sys, tdx.sys .sys, tdx.sys, tdx.sys, tdx.sys .sys, netio.sys: These are the names of the files that appear along with the error description of the problem. So to pass the name of that corrupt file that caused this STOP error.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal at startup: This error can also occur as soon as you start your PC. Eventually the PC will get caught in a reboot loop.
- Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal McAfee, AVG, Avira, Kaspersky: These errors can be the reason for multiple installations of third-party security software.
Reasons for this error
This error is very generic and therefore the cause of this error can vary greatly. Some of the main reasons for Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error are listed below;
- Hardware failures
- Recent software changes
- Outdated or corrupt drivers
- Incomplete installation of Windows
- Corrupt .SYS files
- Overclocking clock speed
- Bad RAM management
How to fix the “irql driver less or not equal” error
To fix this terrible IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL driver error in Windows 10, there are 6 better ways.
These hassle-free solutions can be carried out to get rid of this problem.
1. Restart your PC
Try the most basic solution and do your best to successfully boot your PC without getting caught in an endless reboot cycle.
Let the computer restart automatically after completing the process. If it starts up successfully in Windows, things are going pretty well. If not, try to force restart or boot into safe mode by entering BIOS using the f8 or f11 key.
2. Download the latest network driver
If you can ever start Windows successfully, immediately reinstall and install the latest network drivers. To proceed with that, follow these steps:
- Press the keys Windows Logo + R at the same time to start the application Run .
- In the Text field, type » devmgmt.msc » and touch To accept . This will open the Device Manager window .
- In the Device Manager window, expand “Network adapters” by clicking the bullet arrow before the name. Later click with the right click on the desired network device and choose Uninstall .
- Grant permission by pressing okay .
- Follow the same procedure to wireless adapters too.
- Reboot your PC to reinstall these drivers.
Ses if the problem is resolved after this procedure. Many users report that this solution works better and completely removes the IRQL error from their Windows.
3. Update all drivers and BIOS
Update your Windows, controllers and BIOS to ensure the correct operation of the hardware with the software and therefore increase the performance of the CPU.
Check the BIOS updates for your system on the manufacturer’s website. Update your drivers manually or in conjunction with Windows updates, if they are available.
4. Remove the overclocking tool
Your processor is assigned a clock frequency range in which it can work to perform tasks. This frequency, generally in the order of GHz, can be increased beyond the specified limits to obtain more performance from the system.
This could be problematic because the overclocking system costs some expected risks and errors like these. Therefore, to resolve “driver irql_less_or_not_equal”, discard all overclocking tools and restore your hardware to factory defaults. Then finally remove the overclocking app (for example ASUS AI suite). After this, you will not see any irql_less_or_not_equal driver BSOD error.
5. Check your hardware
Every time BSOD / STOP errors are not just the effect of corrupted software or system files.
But these mistakes too they can occur due to faulty hardware. Therefore, we recommend that you have your device checked by a hardware engineer. Some users repeatedly report the occurrence of the error due to the malfunction of the audio card replacement that fixed the problem.
6. Reset your Windows 10
I kept this solution as a last resort as it requires a lot of time, resources and courage. If the previous solutions did not work, try again and if you cannot solve them, you can reboot the system.
NOTE: Remember to back up the system drive of the data form because restarting the system will delete all files on the system drive.
To reset your windows, follow the procedure shown below:
- Press the key Windows + I to open Setting .
- I touched Update and security option .
- In the left pane, choose the tab Recovery of the list.
- You will find the first option that says » Reset your PC » .
- In the next dialog, click Delete everything and reset your Windows 10 OS accordingly .
- Finally, the PC is will restart after that.
After restarting the PC, the blue screen error “irql driver less or not equal” will no longer appear.
The bottom line
In the end, I hope you were able to fix the terrible IRQL MINUS OR NOT EQUAL error using the above methods. If you got stuck with a solution, feel free to ask in the comment section below. Happy fixing