The BSOD error, that is, the blue screen of death, horrifies everyone at least for once in a lifetime and has a variety of errors and reasons behind those errors. Similarly, it is the case of system service exception error on windows , the error looks like a blue scary ghost that will not allow you to use your Windows and occur at any time. But, let me tell you that any blue screen error caused on your system actually saves your system from a big error and asks you to solve the problem with a particular type of error code like the one service exception error of the system.
The reason for the error could be due to changes in software or outdated drivers or it could be due to your antivirus or other reasons. Whatever the reason behind the error, solutions are available for each of them. Today, I will help you solve the blue screen of error death system_service_exception .
How To Fix System Service Exception Error In Windows 10
Most of the blue screen errors they would surely have a minimum of 2-3 similar solutions. Like outdated driver fix or Windows outdated memory fix or troubleshooting. But they are not always the only cause of the error, so we will discuss all the possible causes (with solutions) for the error from service exception of the system .
1. Update drivers
Your system may have its drivers out of date. So if that’s the case, you can update drivers and the problem could be easily solved.
- First, press the Windows on your keyboard, then find and click the Device administrator.
- Then select the particular driver that you think might be affecting or just click on the option Other devices .
- There, you can see the devices for which the drivers are not installed.
- Right click on the name of that device and select the option Update driver .
- After which choose Automatically search for option of updated driver software .
- Allow the update process to complete.
Reboot and boot your system to check the error The system service exception error has now been resolved.
Note: If the problem is not resolved, perform the process in Safe Mode. You can change your PC at Safe Mode pressing the F8 button during startup and selecting safe mode with the network option.
2. Update Windows
Check for updates for your version of Windows because it could be possible that the last time you updated Windows, due to the incorrect or corrupt file download caused the Exception from service of the system after Windows update. So, update your Windows operating system again and your error may be resolved.
If you have updated Windows recently and faced a subsequent error, try removing the update using and restoring the software. Or wait until Windows starts any new update that has a fix for the latest update.
3. Check your RAM
Like I said, memory issues could also be the cause of BSOD errors. Therefore, it may cause the error of service exception memory of the system and this step is worth trying to resolve the error.
- First, press the Windows and in the search box type memory.
- From the list of options that appeared, select Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- Then click Restart now and check the option of problems .
- Let Windows do the checking and be patient.
Memory in terms of RAM plays an important role in any system. Therefore, a small problem can cause various types of error and even cause a system service exception error .
4. Perform SFC scan
The error may have been caused due to some corrupted files or software on the system and performing an SFC i.e. the System File Checker scan would resolve the error.
- Press the Windows using your keyboard and search Symbol of the system .
- Right click at command prompt that appeared in the search results and select the option Execute as an administrator .
- Then, at the terminal of the symbol of the system , write the command sfc / scannow and press the key Intro .
- Wait until the scan is done.
- Finally, after performing the scan, your PC will display the scan results in cmd (command prompt) and will guide you on what to do.
- Reboot to make the changes effective.
So after system reboot, you can use your system the same way you were using it before the error occurred.
5. Hard disk – Check disk error
After RAM, another important hardware that is used as a memory storage device is the hard disk, so it is necessary to check the hard disk for any type of corrupted files. The disk check failed will scan the hard drive and find the reason behind the System service exception of mistake.
- Using your keyboard, press the Windows, then find and select Command Prompt (Administrator) or Windows PowerShell (Administrator) .
- In the command prompt dialog box, type the command – chkdsk / f / r and then press Get in.
- The system will perform the disk check automatically and also will fix the error on the hard drive (if appropriate).
- Once the scan is complete, reboot your PC for the scan changes to take effect.
The hard disk may cause the error of hardware exception service of the system on your system and the blue screen will not allow you to use Windows properly. Since now the error is fixed, you can use Windows without any problem.
6. Disable your antivirus or antimalware
In most cases, users reported that when they disabled their antivirus, the error was resolved. So, considering it as a solution, I would recommend that you disable your Antivirus or AntiMalware. If the BSOD has stopped occurring after disabling it, you should check for new updates from your antivirus or just remove it.
Since your antivirus might detect some important Windows files as suspicious for some reasons and stop it, it brings us to the service exception error of the system.
This solution could be only for Windows 10 and also possible for Windows 8 users because I couldn’t find the exact same feature in Windows 7.
You can solve some of your blue screen errors using the troubleshooter. Follow the steps to know how to do it:
- Press the Windows key + X and go to Setting .
- Please select the option Update and security and then look for the option Solve problems .
- In the new window, look for Blue screen and click the option Run the troubleshooter .
Restart your PC after completing the troubleshooting and check if the error persists now.
8. Remove new software
In case you have installed some new hardware on your system and after which the error started to occur, then you already know the reason why it is happening. Check that you have downloaded the software from an original source and installed correctly. If not, try to redo that or just remove the software, if you think it is not necessary for you. After that, check if the service exception error of the system still exists or not.
To uninstall any software you need:
- Open the control panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Select the software and press Uninstall.
Note: For all the solutions mentioned above, if you can’t perform the steps, try starting Windows in safe mode and go through the steps.
9. Update BIOS settings
The step is only recommended if you have done it yourself before because changing the BIOS settings would change your motherboard settings and if done incorrectly you could damage your motherboard settings and even damage your PC.
To update the BIOS settings, you can restart your PC and enter boot by pressing the F8 key.
10. Reset Windows
The last recommended step will be to restart Windows if you have tried all the above solution and failed to resolve the error of service exception of the system .
After resetting it, it will give you a fresh start for your Windows and Windows will forget the error caused earlier. But back up all the important files you need before restarting Windows.
The solutions will help you resolve the error System service exception in Windows 10 or in any other version of Windows. The reasons for the error were discussed and the solution to each reason was discussed. If you have any problems trying the solutions, comment below and I will gladly help you. Also, if you have any suggestions, you can comment below and help others with them.