For some people, sometimes when you press the sound icon, there is an audio problem that says the audio service is not running. The pc with Windows 10 has no sound with an error image below the Sound icon. But for other users, you may even find that the audio service is not running but has sound.
Here, regarding your Windows 10 audio service not running error, you can choose to check the audio service and make changes to it or update your audio driver to the latest version.
While first of all, you may also decide to run the audio troubleshooter to resolve the Windows audio service not running.
Solution 1 – Change the sound volume to fix the audio service not running
For some users, it works wonders when trying to increase or decrease the audio volume. Sometimes even a slight change will get the audio service running again in Windows 10.
To increase or decrease the sound volume, just press the sound icon and then move the slider to the left or right.
Soon, some of you will discover that “audio service is not running” will no longer appear next to the Sound icon.
Solution 2 – Uninstall and update your audio driver
The first method you can turn to is to download the updated audio driver for your PC in hopes of solving the audio service not responding error in Windows 10. You can choose to update the audio driver manually from the official site of the audio driver. audio device or automatically by Driver Booster.
But before that, uninstall the problematic audio driver:
1. Open Device Manager .
2. Expand sound, video and game controllers and then right click on the audio driver for uninstall the device .
Here the audio driver is Intel® Display Audio .
3. Then check the box Remove the driver software for this device and press uninstall to confirm the uninstall.
4. Restart Windows 10 for it to take effect.
Once you’ve removed the audio driver from your PC, move on to reinstall an updated driver for your audio device.
Update Windows audio driver:
To fix audio service not running on Windows 10 quickly and effectively, you’d better try using driver booster to let you scan, download and install the audio driver automatically. On the other hand, Driver Booster is capable of fixing any sound errors due to Windows 10 or Windows 7 audio service not working.
1. driver booster install and run Driver Booster on your PC.
2. Under Driver Booster, click Scan to get you started looking for missing, outdated, or faulty drivers in Windows 10.
3. Then scroll down to find sound, video and game controllers for to update the audio driver.
4. Then restart your PC for it to take effect.
If the updated audio driver cannot resolve the audio service is not working in Windows 10, you can continue to make full use of Fix No Sound functionality from driver booster .
5. In the left pane of Driver Booster, choose Tools and then press Fix No Sound On the right side.
It is natural that you can also try to update manually the Realtek HD audio driver or the audio driver M to deal with the audio sound error on your PC. So, you can also choose to hover over the sound icon to check if the audio service is running fine in Windows 10.
Solution 3 – Restart the Windows Audio service
If you are told that the Windows 10 audio service has not been enabled, it is time for you to start this service right now. It is said that this way can be helpful for Windows audio service not running Windows 10 in light of feedback from many users.
1. Press Windows + R to open the box Run and then enter services.msc in the frame.
Finally do click on To accept to go to the window Services .
2. Then in the window Services locate the service windows-audio and right-click to navigate to your Properties .
3. In the window Windows audio properties in the tab general look for the start type and then set it as Automatic .
Once you have clicked on Apply and in To accept you will be able to see how the changes you have made are saved.
Here you better also change the startup type from Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and the service Multimedia Class Scheduler to Automatic. They are closely associated with the Windows 10 audio service.
This time Windows Audio service and relevant audio services will be enabled and Audio service is not running at startup Windows 10 will also be fixed.
Solution 4 – Audio Playback Troubleshooter
You can make the best use of the built-in audio troubleshooter to fix Windows audio service stopped error in Windows 10. Maybe it can help you figure out what causes your audio service out of work.
1. Go to Start > Setting > Update and security .
2. Then in Solve problems I searched play sound and then press Run the troubleshooter .
3. Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter will search for the issues with your audio service.
The audio troubleshooter is likely to tell you that something has gone wrong with the Windows audio service, the most common being that this service is not starting on your PC. Now you’d better get ready to restart the audio service.
If you tried to adjust the audio service, audio driver and audio sound, but the Windows 10 audio service is not running, you should do a clean boot for your PC last.
In a word, from audio service to audio driver, I hope these ways can do their part for you to solve Windows audio service not working issue in Windows 10.