Get Driver irql_not _less_or_ error Same BSOD when playing games, working in heavy graphics programs like (3D max, Autocad, Photoshop) or even after a recent Windows update? Typically when the system needs to meet performance expectations and PCs can’t handle the pressure. This will result from a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error like the error DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL . Most Windows 10 blue screen errors are related to a hardware or software related problem. But when looking for the reason behind » Irql Driver Not Less Than Or Equal BSOD Error It means that the installed device driver cannot communicate with the specific hardware device«. This can be due to a driver conflict or incompatible device driver, corrupted system files, security software, and more.
Problem: The irql_less_or_no driver has the same error when connecting to a wireless display using a wireless connection and an Ethernet connection.
Since the last Windows 10 update, connecting to a wireless display while using an Ethernet and wireless connection is causing a blue screen with the error »Driver irql_less_or_not equal«. Tried updating the motherboard network driver for Ethernet and the driver for my PCI-E wireless adapter. Also do not resolve this issue and this was not an issue prior to the update.
Post content: – [ mostrar ]
- 1 Driver irql_not _less_or_ equal Windows 10
- 1.1 Update Device drivers
- 1.1.1 Reinstall Problematic Driver on Windows 10
- 1.1.2 Update Device Driver on Windows 10
- 1.2 Uninstall Security software And Recently installed Applications
- 1.3 Check Disk Drive Corruption using CHKSDK
- 1.4 Fix Bad Virtual Memory Page Issue
- 1.5 Perform System Restore
- 1.1 Update Device drivers
Driver irql_not _less_or_ equal Windows 10
If you are also struggling with similar blue screen error then please apply below solutions to fix irql_not _less_or_ driver same as Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Whenever you come across a blue screen error, the first thing to try is “Disconnect all external devices” such as printer, scanner, external hard drive, and so on. (except keyboard and mouse) and start windows to check and make sure any external device, driver conflict does not cause this BSOD error.
If it is due to this blue screen error, the system reboots frequently and cannot start normally, so you need to start Windows in safe mode with advanced startup options. And apply below solutions to fix IRQL not less than or equal to Windows 10.
Safe mode is a diagnostic mode of a computer model that allows Windows 10 users to enter an altered version of Windows. And fix any issues that may be preventing them from entering boot normally. Now in the safe mode, you can easily perform the following troubleshooting steps to fix the driver irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 BSOD error.
Update device drivers
Updating device drivers (especially graphics driver) generally resolves most BSOD errors (almost 70%) on Windows 10 computers. Again, if the problem » Driver is not equal to or less than BSOD »Started after a recent Windows 10 update (which mainly causes a driver incompatibility issue) AND when installing a new device, OR plug / connect to a specific Device. Please update or reinstall the very useful device driver solution to deal with this BSOD error. Well, if you notice that irql_not_less_or_equal causes BSOD when connecting to WiFi network causing reinstall of the driver for WiFi adapter, it is probably a good solution.
The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error can be fixed by updating / updating your entire PC. You just need to do the following.
- Install the latest service pack.
- Always keep your PC up to date.
- Update all your drivers to the latest version.
Reinstall the problematic driver in Windows 10
The best recommended way to update the device driver of your system, visit the website of the device manufacturer (for example, if you are using Laptop visit, Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc., for desktop, visit the website of the motherboard manufacturer) Download the latest available version of the driver and save it to your local drive.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok
- This will open the device manager and display the entire list of installed drivers,
- Here expand the driver (or sample display driver), right-click on the currently installed driver, and select uninstall.
- Do the same with other drivers especially (network adapter and audio driver)
- After uninstalling all the problematic drivers Restart your computer.
Update device driver in Windows 10
Also, you can follow the steps below to automatically check and install the driver from Windows update.
- Again open the device manager using devmgmg.msc
- display adapters expense,
- Right click on the installed graphics driver and select update driver.
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option (when connected to the Internet), and let Windows check for the latest available driver.
- If it finds any, Windows downloads and installs them automatically.
- After that restart Windows and check, if driver incompatibility causes this “Irql driver not less than or equal” .
Uninstall recently installed applications and security software
If updating and reinstalling the device driver did not fix the “Driver irql_not_less_or_equal” BSOD, here are other solutions you should try, such as temporarily uninstalling the security software (Antivirus) if it is installed.
Also, if you notice that the problem started after installing a third-party application (this application may not be compatible with the current version of the operating system). We recommend uninstalling recently installed apps and check if this helps.
- To uninstall recently installed applications or antivirus software
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl and ok to open the Programs and Features window.
- Here right click on the recently installed application and select uninstall.
Check for disk drive corruption using CHKSDK
In some cases, these BSODs can be attributed to hard drive corruption. Over time, your PC may develop hard drive errors due to repeated and unintentional misuse. Improper shutdown, “force shutdown” programs, corrupt or incomplete software installation (eg Windows operating system), power outages can damage your file system and stored data. As a result, you may experience blue screen errors associated with IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL.
To deal with problems like this, Microsoft added a handy utility called » chkdsk »(” Check Disk “) to scan and repair hard disk corruption. We recommend running the chkdsk command (with adding additional / f / r parameter) to force the chkdsk scan and troubleshoot the disk controller.
Open command prompt as administrator, then type chkdsk C: / f / r and press the Enter key.
Tip: CHKDSK is short for Check Disk, C: is the drive letter you want to check, / F stands for fix disk errors, and / R stands for recover bad sector information, and x to unmount the disk.
When “Do you want to schedule this volume to be verified the next time the system is rebooted?” Appears. (Y / N) «. Answer Yes to that question by pressing the Y key on your keyboard and hitting Enter. Restart your computer. After rebooting, the disk check operation should begin. Wait until Windows checks your disk for errors.
Fix bad virtual memory page problem
You may also experience DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for faulty virtual memory page. Then you need to fix it. To fix it, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Computer Properties. Just right click on Computer / This PC and select Properties.
- Click on Advanced system settings .
- Open the tab Advanced .
- Then click Change in the performance section.
- Then click on the tab Advanced .
- Now click Change in the Virtual memory section.
- Now uncheck automatically manage the paging file for all controllers.
Some users report that they repair corrupt system files by running the DISM command » dism / online / cleanup-image / restorehealth »And the sfc utility helps them solve the problem. Also running the Memory Diagnostic Tool does the same job for some other users.
Perform system restore
If the application of All these solutions did not solve the blue screen error » Irql driver not less than or equal «. Then Performing System Restore is a definitive solution. Which reverts your system settings to the previous working state where Windows works smoothly.
Note: You can only perform system restore if you have previously activated the system protection function. And it didn’t remove the old system restore points.
To perform system restore, open control panel -> control panel items -> Recovery -> click Open system restore and follow the on-screen instructions to perform system restore in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 After performing the system restore, check that Windows started normally and there is no more Driver irql no less or equal BSOD Error when playing games or working on heavy graphics programs.
To avoid any BSOD error on Windows 10 computer, always install reliable applications. I did not use pirated and cracked software. Always perform a full system scan (mostly weekly) with the latest updated antivirus software. And make sure Windows has installed the latest patch updates .