Many users may want to add PDF as a printer, but sometimes you may notice that Windows Print to PDF is missing or not available. It is disabled to print as PDF. When you want to reinstall this feature, Windows print to PDF cannot be reinstalled.
In fact, printing PDF has some indescribable advantages over other forms of printer. Print to PDF allows you to print from any program, without being restricted to Microsoft Word or text document. And maybe that is why so many users are eager to get rid of Microsoft Print to PDF missing problem and hope to learn well how to print to PDF in Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Part 1: Fix PDF Missing Print on Windows 10
Before Windows 10, there is no Microsoft Print to PDF. But as for users running on Windows 10, you can’t use print to PDF either, it’s high time to solve this printing error for your PC.
You may know that print as PDF is a pre-installed feature in Windows 10, so as long as you can’t print to PDF in Windows, you need to deal with this problem instantly if you want to print as you want in programs.
Now in this part, it will mainly help you to solve Windows 10 Microsoft print to PDF not working.
1. Press Windows + R to activate the box Run and then in this box enter optionalfeatures.exe .
Lastly, do click in Accept to activate the window Windows features .
2. In the window Windows features , scroll down to locate Microsoft Print to PDF and check the box to Enable the function: Microsoft Print to PDF . Then press okay to save the changes.
Steps 1 through 2 are for enabling Microsoft print to PDF. After that, it may also fail to print as PDF Windows 10. This time, you are supposed to obey the following steps below to further fix Microsoft Windows 10 print to PDF.
3. Then go to Beginning > Setting > Devices .
4. in Printers and scanners , press Add a printer or scanner .
5. Click The printer I want is not listed .
Here, if Windows 10 cannot detect any printer, you can choose the option: the printer I want is not listed .
6. Then it will go to the window add printer , check the box Add a local printer or a network printer with manual setup . Finally press Following .
7. Choose Use an existing port and then select FILE: (Print to file). Shortly after that, touch Following .
8. In the window add printer , in Maker , choose microsoft . And in printers , select Microsoft print to PDF . After that, click Following to continue.
9. Decide use the driver that is currently installed (recommended) and then click Following .
10. Enter a printer name . and then press Following for more steps.
Then you can see that a printer with the name you just added will be installed with the Microsoft PDF Print Driver. And Windows 10 print missing PDF would be fixed in this way.
Part 2: Microsoft Print to PDF is missing in Windows 7, 8
For Windows 7 or 8 consumers, although you don’t have the option to print to PDF from Microsoft, this post will let you know how to add print to PDF when print to PDF disappeared from Windows features in Windows 7 and Windows 8. .
Since there is no Microsoft Print to PDF, you’d better use tools that can install this feature in Windows 8.1.
To replace print to PDF, you can use some helper to help you achieve this goal, like Adobe Acrobat Y doPDF .
Even if you can’t print to PDF in Windows 7, 8 with built-in apps, these tools can help you print to PDF Windows.
To make a summary, whatever you are in Windows 7, 8 or 10, to better solve the print to PDF not available problem, this article will introduce you how to effectively eliminate the unusable problem.