If your laptop keeps disconnecting from WIFI on Windows 10, you may be very upset because you could not have a smooth network to study or work.
Still for some people, after Windows 10 upgrade, WIFI became unstable and dropped all the time. You are wondering why Windows 10 upgrade can lead to this WIFI disconnection problem.
No matter what your actual case is, Windows 10 is dropping WIFI connections due to unknown reasons or WIFI connection is getting cut off regularly, you may be anxious to solve the network drop problem effectively.
Why does Windows 10 WIFI keep dropping?
WIFI drops but then connects again may be caused by the following reasons.
1. Corrupt or outdated WIFI drivers.
2. Wrong power setting related to network.
Now this thread will guide you through the way to solve WIFI disconnection problem.
How to fix WIFI keeps dropping on Windows 10?
Network errors can be extremely tricky as you would hardly be able to find out the exact reason for it, but you are entitled to use the following methods if you have WIFI drop problem on Windows 10.
Solution 1 – Update WIFI drivers to fix Windows 10 WIFI disconnection issue
Ensuring you have the most up-to-date network driver is the first and foremost way to resolve frequently dropped or intermittent wireless connection with Windows 10.
Of course, you may get the latest WIFI driver from device manager or network hardware official site, but to simplify the intermittent network connection error, you’d better take advantage of driver booster , the third-party tool to download updated network driver in Windows 10.
one. Download Driver Booster , install and run it on your PC.
2. Follow the instructions on the screen to allow driver booster get updated WIFI driver. Here you will be prompted to click Scan Y to update in driver booster .
After that, the ASUS laptop that stops using WIFI frequently will not appear again in Windows 10 with the presence of the latest WIFI driver.
Solution 2 – Do not allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
In some cases, you may have changed some settings on your computer that lead to random WIFI disconnections with Windows 10, such as Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
Once you choose to activate this setting, there is no doubt that Windows 10 loses network connection randomly.
1. Right-click on the network icon in the right corner of your Desktop and then select Open Network and Sharing Center .
2. In the window Condition , pull down the interface and look for the Center network and sharing .
3. In the Center network and sharing , press Change adapter settings .
4. Then right click on the WIFI that your PC is connected to to open its Properties .
5. in Properties , discover Set up .
6. in power management , deactivate the option box: allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and then click OK to save your changes.
At this time, it is recommended that you check the WIFI on your PC to see if Windows 10 WIFI keeps disconnecting.
Solution 3: Run the network troubleshooter
If you find the methods useless to resolve WIFI is intermittently disconnecting in Windows 10, there is always a network troubleshooting tool available.
Maybe it can help fix Windows 10 is dropping network connections.
1. Go to Beginning > Setting > update and security .
2 in Solve problems , scroll down to locate the Network adapter and then press Run the troubleshooter .
Then Windows 10 will automatically fix your network errors and fix WIFI disconnections regularly for you.
Solution 4: Change the startup type of the WIFI auto configuration service
Sometimes for some people, to avoid Windows 10 network cut off randomly, you need to reset the WLAN settings service. That is, you’d better try changing the startup type of Handbook to Automatic .
1. Press Windows + R to activate the box Run .
2. Then, in the box, type services.msc and press okay to navigate to the window Services .
3. In the window Services , look for the WLAN auto-configuration and right-click to open your Properties .
4. in the configuration properties automatic gauge Wi-Fi , look for the start type and choose to set it as automatic .
Close the Services window and you can also decide to restart your computer for it to take effect.
Now you can detect your PC won’t run on WIF losing connection issue in Windows 10.
Solution 5: Reset WIFI TCP/IP to fix WIFI disconnections
Last but not least, you need to convert the TCP or IP settings for WIFI to the original settings, only in this way your wireless network can be randomly disconnected.
1. Find the symbol of the system in the search box and right-click the result to Execute as an administrator .
2. In the symbol of the system , type the command below, and then press enter to run it and reset TCP or IP.
netsh int ip reset c:resetlog.txt
4. Restart your computer.
By rebooting again instantly, the unstable WIFI connectivity will be gone from Windows 10.
In this regard, you can successfully solve WIFI computer constant drop in Windows 10 with the ways offered in this article. May you find it helpful to deal with various WIFI connection errors.