Number of Windows users who report After upgrading to Windows 10 Creators update or install recent updates receive a notification message Application access to graphics hardware is blocked While starting to play games like Minecraft, World Warcraft 3, or Fifa, open the web browser OR while working on graphics applications like Photoshop, Coral draw Auto cad, 3D Max, etc. If you are also suffering with this application has blocked access to graphics hardware, Here’s how to get rid of this irritating bug and play your favorite games normally.
This bug looks like the game wants to access the graphics hardware, but Windows has blocked it for an unknown reason. And the main reason behind this error The application has crashed from accessing the graphics hardware is the corrupt, outdated and incompatible graphics driver.
No operating system found
First of all, disconnect all external devices including printer, scanner, external hard drive and restart Windows. Check that the windows have started normally
Set hard drive as the first boot device
Since this error often occurs when the BIOS cannot find the hard drive, checking the BIOS settings could be a good solution.
To check the BIOS settings, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer
- Press the F2 key to open the BIOS menu.
- Check the main BIOS screen to see if it detects the hard drive,
- Also, check the boot order to see if it is configured correctly.
- Verify that the hard drive is the first boot device.
If the hard drive is not detected correctly, consider replacing the data cables or resetting the BIOS settings to default.
Here are the steps to reset the BIOS settings:
- Enter the BIOS screen by following the steps outlined above
- Look for the “Reset to defaults” option.
- Choose the restart option and answer “Yes” when asked for confirmation
- Then, select the option «Exit -> Exit saving changes».
Perform Windows Startup Repair
Windows Startup Repair can recover certain errors related to the boot process in some cases. Here are the steps to access Startup Repair from advanced options. Since Windows cannot boot normally due to this problem, you need a Windows installation media to perform the following steps. If you don’t have, check out how to create Windows 10 bootable USB from here.
- When you are ready with the Windows 10 / USB installation media
- Put Windows Boot Media on the computer and boot from there.
- On the first setup screen, choose your Language, Time – Currency and your keyboard input method and click Next.
- Now on the next screen, select Repair your computer.
Also read: Repair Automatic repair failed to repair your PC in Windows 10
Repair damaged boot files
If startup repair didn’t fix the problem, follow the steps below to configure and repair your startup files.
- Again, boot from the Windows 10 installation media
- Once you’ve reached the Windows Settings screen, press the SHIFT + F10 keys to bring up the command prompt.
Now find out if your disk is set to GUID Partition Table (GPT) or Master Boot Record (MBR):
At the command prompt, type diskpart and press Enter.
Now write list disk and hit Enter key to find out if your disk is configured for GPT or MBR partition.
Look at the GPT column to see if it has an asterisk
- If you see an asterisk
that means the partition table of your disk is GPT.
If you don’t see an asterisk, that means your disk’s partition table is MBR.
Type exit and press Enter.
Now Fallow down. We have two different solutions for different partitions.
Fix boot files in MBR partition table Note: if you have a GPT partition, skip this step and follow the next false step Now find out the Drive letter where Windows was installed. You can do this by typing the command type type
and pressing the Enter key. You will notice the drive letter where Windows is installed as a boot.
When you find out which drive contains the Windows folder, (for me its “C:” drive), give the following command to create the boot files on that drive and hit Enter.
- bcdboot C: Windows / SC: * Note: If Windows is on a different drive, replace the letter C with that drive letter. After running the command again, open the utility DISKPART writing the command diskpart and
- press the enter key. Here on the disk of the list of types of utility part of the
- disk, press the Enter key.
- Select the disk letter with the command
- select disk 0
- Type the Fallowing commands one by one as per the instructions below volume list
- select volume 3
(Here select the volume number that contains the Windows operating system)
Type> exit to close the DISKPART tool. All of that now delete the installation media and restart your computer.
Fix boot files in GPT partition table If you have GPT partition table fallow down. Scribe diskpart and
enter to open the diskpart utility and type the following command. disk list
select disk 0 (Select disc number). Then write the
commands and press the Enter key.
Here find out which Partition is labeled System. And select the system partition by type below the command
select partition X
(where “X” is the number of the partition labeled System. For example, “4”).
Assign a drive letter (for example, the letter “H”) to the system partition by typing the following command and press Enter: *
assign letter = H:
* Note: If the drive letter “H” is already in use, please indicate the next drive letter in the alphabet.
type exit and press Enter to close the DISKPART tool.
Again the Type Bellow commands one by one
cd / d H: EFI Microsoft Boot
ren BCD BCD.bak bcdboot C: Windows / l en-es / sm: / f UEFI Note: Change the letter
if you have assigned a different drive letter to the system partition. That is all. Remove the installation media and now close all windows, restart your computer. Check the problem solved.
If all the above methods failed, perform the
clean installation of Windows.